Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under a Gnarled Tree

Under a Gnarled Tree Empty Under a Gnarled Tree

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 09:13

After his tryst of camping out in the Library for the sole purpose of defeating the one-eyed monster that was dubbed, 'Homework', Will finally decided to take a short break, finding the Lake the most relaxing venue.

Though he was sick of trees, he came across a rather strange one with bark darker than it's brothers and it's branches twisting and turning in all sorts of directions.

It was chaotic and Will was fascinated by it.

The weather was getting colder, but he didn't mind sharing under the tree's shade, feeling a bit melancholic as he stared up at the twisted branches. It was lonely, but for some reason it wasn't.

Shaking his head, he sat back against the trunk, watching the lake. The view was rather horribly placed, but he nevertheless saw it.

He sat there for a few minutes until a rather heady scent engulfed him. He smelled a familiar cologne and sunflowers---which surprisingly reminded him strongly of his parents.

Before he could investigate the source of the smell, he hadn't realized that he fell heavily asleep, lulled by the scents.

He dreamed of abandoned woods and the sounds of tambourines---the haunting choirs of an old medieval cathedral and the golden trinkets glinting so brightly in the red sun. Colorful silks and blue-colored spells whizzed past his vision as he witnessed a collection of broken scenes of his life. Except, he hadn't experienced this life before.

And as all of these sights and sounds reached it's highest climax, it faded out of his mind as he reached the stage of dreamless sleep---he wouldn't remember the dream when he finally woke up.

Under a Gnarled Tree Empty Re: Under a Gnarled Tree

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 09:46

Jasmeet saw Will relaxing on the grass, she walked upto him and saw that he was sleeping. Trying not to wake him up, she sat down next to him.

She looked at his face, so peaceful, and smiled, tears threatening to fall down her face. She pushed them back, and looked towards the lake and lost herself to her thoughts.

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 12:11

A wind breezed by, which seemed to lilt Will from a rather contented nap. Opening his eyes slightly, he saw that the sun had lowered a bit and wondered if he had been sleeping.

The scent was already gone and he couldn't really remember sleeping. Did he swallow a bottle of Dreamless Sleep on accident or something?

He quietly noticed a presence near him and his eyes blearily moved to the side seeing Jas sitting next to him.

"S'up Jas?" Will sat up fully and stretched, feeling somewhat better in demeanor. "Haven't seen you in a while. Got lost somewhere in the castle?" He paused when he noticed her eyes seemed glassy, as if she was about to cry. "What happened?"

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 13:20

Jasmeet looked over at Will and smiled. "I saw you sleeping, so I thought I'd sit down next to you. I figured you'd wake up sooner or later. It seems like you had a great sleep," she said.

She just shrugged at his question, before babbling, "Oh, just missing mum. That's all, she hasn't replied, and I sent her Jay, my owl two weeks ago."

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 13:28

"If it makes you feel any better, the old bat hasn't sent me anything in a while," He sat up fully this time and yawned. "Although it might be a good thing."

Will then frowned. He hadn't expected to fall asleep what with having a full night's rest today. He wondered if he was more stressed that he thought.

"I'm sure your mum will write back eventually."

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 13:33

She smiled at him, "Thanks Will," noticing his yawn, she raised her brow, "Didn't you have a goodnight's sleep last night? You seem pretty tired, and you have been sleeping her for nearly two hours," she said.

"Anyway, how’s everything going? I just seem so lost, love all the classes though. Maybe I’m worrying to much about my mum," she babbled.

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 14:36

Will shrugged before frowning. He didn't feel tired earlier today. In fact, he had a rather good round of sleep last night.

"I'm not tired or anything," He said quietly. "Maybe it's just the air around here. It has been a bit boring the past few days. Aside from the occasional excitement, things are just as usual as can be."

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 14:43

Jasmeet nodded, "Yes, I agree. I wonder if there’s anything we can do that is exciting. How's that plan on the Chamber of Secrets going? Given it any thought," she asked.

"We really need something around here, I wouldn’t mind if there was a Quidditch match coming up, I'd love to watch it!" she said excitedly

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 15:38

"We opened it too early," Will said with a regretful air. "We'll need a few more spells in our arsenal to break down the barrier. Until then, it's technically shelved until further notice."

He frowned at her last comment. "I wonder if Quidditch was cancelled? Haven't heard from the other years much. I haven't even met our own Quidditch captain of my House. Strange..."

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 15:41

"I haven't met any people from other years. Well I wish we have Quidditch soon. I just can't wait to try out for the team," she said.

Looking over at the Lake, she asked, "I noticed that you were having doubts about Twister. Have any secret fear of touching girls?" she asked, nudging him.

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 16:22

"Is that what the muggle game is called? Twister?" Will frowned. "It's not the idea of being too close to girls, it's the idea of looking stupid twisting around and stuff. My elbow and right ankle already aches from all the contorting."

He was rather skeptical that muggles would consider such a torture practice a 'game'. It was like they lived in a whole different universe from magic folk.

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 16:29

Jasmeet giggled at Will, "It's supposed to be fun, everyone else seemed to be enjoying it. Maybe your just thinking too much Will. Give your brain a rest, you do too much of thinking all the time in class. I mean Charms took a lot out of you," she said, looking at him.

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 16:37

Will rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Maybe you're right. But for some reason, my brain just doesn't have an off switch. It keeps running. I guess that's why the Sorting Hat stuck me in Ravenclaw." His charm work was getting better though and it did wear him out from time to time. He would still get a little exhausted after a successful cast.

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 16:48

She smiled at him, "Well anything new with you Will? We have time on our watch to talk, so let's catch up," she asked him. "I mean you can always tell me more about your life."

She had talked to Rave a few times, and had become better friends, he was willing to talk to her, and listen to her, and she just wanted Will to know that she was there for him whenever he needed her.

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 16:55

"Let's see..." Will brought his fingers up and counted them. "Had three duels, lost one with Rave, tied with Lawr, and beat Rei. Suffered through Herbology, saw some unicorns, had more homework, got 'engaged', nearly drowned...oh, here's the kicker!" He grinned. "I got a letter from a friend in Beauxbatons. Some of the girls that got expelled here ended up transferring there. It's total chaos over there!"

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 17:05

Jasmeet was shocked at how much had happened with Will, but she chose to pursue one of the things he had just said, "Got 'engaged'? There seems to be more that your letting on. What really happened Will?" she raised her brow at him.

Something to do with Reina, I’m guessing.

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 17:26

He really should have kept his mouth shut on that part. Will nearly pouted with regret for ever bringing it up.

"It's not technically an 'engagement', so much as it's a heads up on a possible one," He said reluctantly, folding his arms. "It doesn't matter though. I'm not going through with it. Even if it's a possible disowning. They can shove it. No way I'm ever marrying a girl---they're icky---uh, no offense."

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 17:30

Jasmeet raised her brow at him, "Oh come on Will. I'm not going to tell anyone, not even Raven. Spit it out. I didn't take offence, and you know you can tell me anything," she said, hurt obvious on her face, "Anyway it's not like I'm going to spread it around Hogwarts if thats what your scared about. It's your life, and your choices, and I'm just a friend that you can talk to," she babbled to cover her hurt.

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 17:44

"It's not the fact that it's uncomfortable to tell people," Will pointed out quickly. "It's the fact that if I mention it, I'm reminded of it. And I really don't want to think about it right now." He hoped that it would be enough. While he did enjoy talking to people about his life, there were some things that were meant for himself only.

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 17:53

Jasmeet looked at him and smiled, "I understand Will. Don't worry about it, I was only joking. And anyway I know that you'd tell me everything else, or well I'm hoping you will. So you having a ongoing duel with anyone?" she asked, leaving the 'engaged' subject once and for all.

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 18:16

Will's had immediately went to his side and winced. "After three duels, I'm a little sore. These guys like to play rough. I'm taking a break from them for now until I'm up for it again."

"What about you? Are you going to try your hand at dueling? You get shiny medals when you win...or tie, I suppose." It was a fun thing to do since things have gotten a bit boring.

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 18:20

"Yeah, I will try my hand at duelling. Just haven't found a person to duel with yet," she looked over at the Lake, "I saw you duel, you were good in all of them. I was impressed, I mean I had never seen a duel before, and watching you was great."

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 18:25

"Thanks," He scratched the back of his head, slightly embarrassed. "They were tough duels. Almost worth the bruises too."

"You should so duel Harmy," Will grinned at the idea. "Now that would be an interesting duel. She hasn't dueled as of yet, if I'm not mistaken." It was a while since two girls had dueled. Usually it was the boys that kept up with the dueling. It'd be interesting to see the different styles of dueling girls can accomplish against each other.

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010, 18:39

Jasmeet giggled at the thought of duelling Harmy, "I don't think she put her name down, if I'm not mistaken. Though that'd be something to duel her, she's intelligent," she said.

"You know that there are no boys in Gryffindor. We had one, Nick but since him, we have none. It's basically a house full of girls though so are the other houses, but they have atleast some boys," she babbled not making any sense.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jul 2010, 12:12

"Oh right. Nick," Will brows furrowed in distaste. "He embodied all the stereotypes that's been plaguing Gryffindor for centuries. Stayed any longer and he'd be the next Lockhart."

The sound of hearing the boy's name made his brain itch---like his IQ would drop every time he was told about him. "I'm sure you'll have some more male specimens for your House next year, what with all the fresh meat ready to join the school and all."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 21:53