Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slytherin Robes.

Slytherin Robes. - Page 2 Empty Re: Slytherin Robes.

Post by Guest Wed 11 Aug 2010, 21:24

"Your english is pretty good, I'd say," said Cass, who had been analysing his speech trying to decipher his accent. "forgive me, 'mitri, but where abouts do you come from? Your accents quaffling me."

Then again, to Cass, every accent that wasn't french, spanish, german, australian or indian, sounded Transylvanian to her. American: gosh, a hidden vampyrian accent going on. It was just logic. Or not.

Post by Guest Wed 11 Aug 2010, 22:02

Jasmeet looked towards the boy, "Yeah Cass is right, your english is great. Anyway, look Dimitri, all I'm going to say is that you need to give other people a chance to become your friend. I'm sure that Cass and I already think of you as our friend, and now it's up to you to decide. We're here to make you feel comfortable."

Post by Guest Wed 11 Aug 2010, 22:14

"Russian, Cassopeia. Most students from Durmstrang are of Slavic origins, and while English is the language of the school, most of us do not speak it as a first language. Thankfully, as my parents both knew I would be attending the school, they made sure I was fluent enough to converse well long before my schooling started." Language was not all that his parents had passed on either. Both of his parents had been excellent students, his father at Durmstrang and his mother here at Hogwarts. Each had tried to pass on their own little legacy in their son, but both know he was born to follow in his fathers footsteps.

"I am sorry, Jasmeet, but I do not understand. Am I doing something to stop you being my friend? I do not understand many of the customs of this region yet."

Post by Guest Wed 11 Aug 2010, 22:26

Jasmeet just smiled, "You just seem reserved, or maybe I'm thinking too much into it. Basically I just thought, you know how you said, you don't find it comforting, but if you think of us as friends, then all I'm going to say is, if you ever need a friend, I'm here for you, just as Cass is."

Post by Guest Thu 12 Aug 2010, 10:43

"Woah, Jas- don't jump the friend train!" she said jokingly, "For all we know he's a mass murderer. Nah, I'm kidding. But feel free to go explore- maybe visit the library or something. That library has something for everyone. I got your robes from Peeves, you've graciously accepted them, you're free to go see other people- explore the beauty of Hogwarts."

At this point, Cass extended her arm, more to herself, as she saw the old beauty of Hogwarts for the first time once again. "Beautiful," she muttered.

Post by Guest Thu 12 Aug 2010, 10:49

Jasmeet certainly seemed kind enough, but she was beginning to confuse Dimitri. She certainly seemed to be focused on being his friend, but her last sentence did not seem to make much sense at all. Maybe that was just his lack of familiarity with english. He smiled faintly, and even raised one hand to give her a thumbs up. "Thank you, Jasmeet. I'll keep that in mind."

He shifted the robes on his shoulders, and looked out across the grounds once more. "I should be looking into the classrooms now." He gave the girls a smile. "Thanks for your help, all of you. It was nice to meet you all, and I hope to see you again soon."

With a parting wave, Dimitri made his way back towards the castle. Unlike the slow pace he had used to come out to the lake, Dimitri's step had a little, energetic bounce in it. He was beginning to feel more like himself.

Post by Guest Thu 12 Aug 2010, 11:02

With a confused look she turned to Cass “what’s beautiful?” looking around to see if it was anyone specific, or maybe she meant her surroundings, personally Naty couldn’t wait for the winter, she had never seen snow in such a low altitude, and she really liked cold weather.
    “do you guys know where I could get sailboat?, or if it is allowed to sail in the lake?”

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 20:02

"Have you not seen Hogwarts?" said Cass, "look at it again, Valencia. It really is gorgeous..."

Cass headed over to see Bradley for a while.
    "What did you think of him?" she whispered.

A long drawn out ribbit with different wavering notes told Cass Bradders thought Dimitri was a nice enough bloke, but he had a lot of power under his belt.
    Best stay on friend terms, then. she thought succinctly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content