Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other Side of the Lake

Other Side of the Lake - Page 2 Empty Re: Other Side of the Lake

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 03:02

"Who's that?" whispered Cass to Indiana, as she saw the faint outline of a ghost. Or maybe two, close together.

She admired the toads from afar, deciding to sit down close by. They're the best toads going...

Jumping as if there was a tap on her shoulder, Cass rose to her feet. She didn't want to be a hindrance to Indiana as she stopped.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 03:14

"That's the Fat Friar, the Hufflepuff ghost that haunts Hogwarts while bemoaning the fact that he is unable to eat donuts, the latter when he is in the Hufflepuff Common Room." Indiana replied with a bit of sarcasm in his tone.

"Why I never-!" the Fat Friar was about to retort but Indiana cut him off.

"Listen, bud. I got no time for trivial chit-chat. Perhaps you could ask the medical matron to help you. I'm sure she wouldn't mind letting you spiritually possess a comatose student in the Hospital Wing so you can taste donuts for the first time." the youth spoke casually.

The Fat Friar's eyes brightened a bit. "Now why didn't I think of that? Very well, enjoy your walk!"

With that, the ghost of Hufflepuff House flew off to the castle.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 03:50

"He's not one to share then, is he?" she said amusedly.

Cass was shocked at Indiana's abruptness at the poor ghost. "You not a fan of the man then? Not going to turn up to his Deathday party with a good present, are you? Probably wouldn't wear a party hat, would ya?" she teased.

She lifted her hand to shield her eyes. Really, she needed glasses. But the idea of something being in front of her eyes, no matter how helpful was a frightening one. "Where to next, white knight?"

The words had barely escaped her mouth when she remembered how they had been aquainted. DADA.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 04:22

Indiana sighed. "The Fat Friar is okay but I'm just not in the mood to deal with him right now. Since I'm only boy in Hufflepuff, I became a target for his idle conversations. Speaking of Deathday parties, I don't suppose you would show up to one made for the Grey Lady and the Bloody Baron together, would you? I heard they both died on the same day."

Hearing Cassopeia ask him a question while addressing him by the familiar moniker, Indiana smiled as he remembered the first DADA lesson where he met her for the first time.

"Well, White Queen. There's a ravine up ahead that leads to a grassland valley of sorts." Indiana replied as he replayed the footage in the omninoculars. "Let's go check it out."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 04:39

"I guess that sucks, being the only one. Muggle borns and girls are in this year, I guess."
    Cass had a hasty moment of worry when Indiana mentioned the other two prominent ghosts she had yet to meet. "I hope they don't give me an invite, then."

"Knights first," she winked. "I've never seen a valley before. I'd like to go to Norway, see the fjords. I don't suppose they're any different from what we have in England and Scotland, but I can dream."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 04:49

"True, but most of the Hufflepuffs seem to be keeping to themselves throughout most of the term." Indiana shrugged before walking ahead. "On second thought, I doubt they'd have a deathday party since both ghosts knew on how they met their ends. And I don't even know what kind of deathday party exists for Culbert Binns."

"Well, if you go onto Google Map on the Muggle internet and access the satellite system that they have, you could check out Norway's geography to see what areas you want to go to."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 05:01

"I think they've come out of their shell more so over the last few weeks, though. To give them credit where it's due. Hah. Didn't Binns used to be a professor here? The names a little familiar."

"Googil-maps? What's that?" she scoffed. "Well, whatever it is, I should check it out. Maybe I could ask the Lovegoods in the holidays if they have any- they're in tune to the muggle stuff that way. Speaking of which, where are you going for the summer holidays?"

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 05:47

"Culbert Binns used to teach History of Magic and is said to talk a bit too much about goblin rebellions." Indiana replied as he ascended up to a ledge. he noticed that the river upstream had curved and was coming out of a series of mountains east of his location.

He then answered Cassopeia's question on summer holidays. "Well, I'll be staying in Devon and enjoying the waves on the beach. I just hope the professors assign homework over the summer because it'll give me a good reason to use magic outside of school. If not, then that's even better."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 08:14

"Oh? He doesn't sound like the loud sort then. Then again, most ghosts aren't, apart from the Friar, and Nick, of course."
    Cass admired the serpentine bend of the river, and the intensity of the clear water wiped all thoughts from her mind. "Urh, Indi, what we doing here again?"

She did a small cartwheel, dodging an old rotten boot. "Why? You going to be bored? Devon's got a cool accent. That where you're from? Anyway, my Ma and Da are really open to having guests around, so you can come around for a few days, if you'd like. Matlocks the most beautiful place on Earth. Here," she rummaged through her bag. "Here's a photo I took before I left. My house is on the edge of the hill above the main part of town somewhere, not on this picture though."
    Other Side of the Lake - Page 2 Matloc10

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 08:35

"The meteor shower that reported in the mountains of Scotland five years ago. I was hoping to find something regarding that event. Since the school is in the mountainous terrain of Scotland, perhaps it might have experienced some of it." Indiana replied before glancing at the photograph.

"Quiet town." the youth remarked, noticing on how simple it was. "I doubt I'll be bored in Devon even if there isn't anything magic-related to do."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 08:47

Cass clicked her fingers. That's the one. She'd forgotten along the way. The frogs and the water had proved to be quite easy distractions. "I don't think the meteor shower could penetrate even the fences around Hogwarts. For centuries, there've been so many complex spells to keep many things away. Hogwarts: a History would be more thorough about the details if you're interested."

Cass let out a loud laugh, "that's what everyone says when I show them the picture. But we have yearly biker meet ups. Either way," she said, getting to the point, "our house is always open. I've invited a lot to come round in the holidays, anyway."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 08:59

"Perhaps that might be the case but what of the areas OUTSIDE the boundaries? Even if I don't find anything today, I could memorize the area and come back some other time." Indiana replied as he reached the top before catching sight of the scenery before him.

"Well, I'll be..." the youth remarked in awe as he saw what was before him.

Other Side of the Lake - Page 2 Valley11

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 09:10

"I suppose so, I-"
    But the rest of the sentence was caught in her throat when she saw all of the majesty of Scotland, personified in one eyeful.
    Blink.
    It was still there. Unchanging. "Wow, Indiana. Think we hit the jackpot on the landscape bingo!"

Inside, she vowed to venture back here in the night. It would be a great place to walk about in.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 09:29

It was breathtaking and mesmerizing beyond words for Indiana, who felt that he had reached a part of Elysium. The valley in all of its pure glory was right in front of him that the youth was unable to speak as he examined and took in every detail that his eyes could reach for.

It was hearing Cassopeia's remark that he broke out of his trance.

"I agree with you, Cass. I think we did the jackpot on this." the youth replied, unable to hide the amazement in his voice before slowly heading down to check the valley out.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 10:26

"I like how your voice went all gooey, then," said Cass pointedly, "that was funny. Wish I'd brought my camera. Ah well. I'm definately going to be coming back here, either way..."
    She dropped her back. Time to admire the splendor. She sat down. The meteor remnants could seriously wait.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 10:39

Taking the omninoculars out, Indiana began capturing the landscape and details of the valley as a keepsake for his traveling around.

"This land is rather peaceful." Indiana remarked as he continued to look around through the omninoculars before putting them away once he felt he had gathered enough footage.

"Quite a sight to see." Indiana remarked. "Imagine what is like in the winter."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 01:53