Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiding in Fiction

Hiding in Fiction - Page 3 Empty Re: Hiding in Fiction

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 11:49

Hilary considered what Harmony had just said. "That makes a lot of sense, actually," she mused. "I'm starting to think that everyone should just give up on the whole blood thing all together. If you can do magic, you have magical blood. If you're a muggle, you don't. Simple and to the point. Who cares who else in your family is capable of doing magic and who isn't?"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 11:53

Harmony nodded. "Exactly. However, this sort of thing has been going on for many many years, and I don't think anyone wants to change it. Especially the Pureblood's whose children are going to school now." Harmony said. "I guess some Muggle parents don't know what their child is getting into when he or she steps on that train bound for Hogwarts."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 12:05

"Well, I guess that we'll just have to try and change it," she said, with a shrug. "We might not be able to change how the adults think, but we can decide to accept people, and try to get others to do the same. Maybe we can change something in the long run. It's worth a shot."

She felt a small smile cross her face. When she had first come into the library, she had barely known Harmony other than to see her, and here they were discussing serious social issues. Funny how things worked out like that.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 12:11

Harmony grinned at Hilary, nodding vehemently. "That's right! We'll do our best to change things around the Wizarding world when we can. While we're young, we could definitely see if we could show others to see things as we do. If they don't want to listen, then at least we tried." She said.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 12:39

"Sounds good," Hilary said, with a smile. She hoped they would be able to get people to see things from their point of view. Even to just consider it, since that was a start, if nothing else.

She couldn't help but laugh. "How did we get from discussing books, to talking about how to rid the world of preoccupations with blood status?"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 12:41

Harmony laughed, shaking her head at Hilary's question. How indeed.

"I haven't the slightest idea, Hilary! It seems that it's so easy to talk to you, that we just talk about anything." Harmony said as she grinned. "What random topic should we discuss next then?"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 12:58

Hilary laughed. "Likewise," she said, motioning to the other girl. "I'm pretty sure we've been though at least five topics already. As for what we should discuss next..." She pretended to think hard about the question, almost as though she was making a serious, life-changing decision. "I don't know," she said, finally, with a laugh. "What topic would you like to discuss?"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 13:00

Harmony laughed. "With me, anything and mostly everything is easy to talk about. Hm...let's see. Right! What about pets? Do you have one with you at Hogwarts? How about one at home?" She questioned, smiling. "There's a nice topic right there. I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 13:04

"I don't have any pets here at Hogwarts," she said. "I've been thinking about getting one during the break, but I'm still undecided on what I want. At home, we have a black cat named Alice, but he doesn't like me. I think it just has to do with the fact that I named a boy cat Alice though."

She paused, remembering that stupid cat. "What about you?" she asked. "I think I've seen you with a cat?"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 13:07

Harmony nodded happily, smirking inwardly. Oh the name Alice rang for her Soul sister. She'd have to tell her it was a boy name too. Hehehe.

"I have a white cat. Her name is Vita. She likes to hang out with Reina's cat, Irish. He's cute too." She said happily. "I have a dog at home. Her name is Fati. She was Mozart's, but she came to me when he died. That's how I knew he wasn't coming back. Fati never approached me because she was Mozart's. She didn't even belong to the Lupin family as a whole. The moment she approached me...well, I knew it was all over."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 04:43

Hilary nodded in understanding. She could only guess how hard that must have been.

"I always wanted a dog," she mused. "But my dad would never let us get one. He always said that they were too much work."

With all this talk about siblings, she couldn't help but wonder how Emma was doing at home. She wondered what she was up to.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 04:44

Harmony nodded. "They are difficult to manage some of the time, but it's totally worth it when you get one," she said, smiling. "They are so full of love and then when they are tiny, they are so cute. Well, what about your family? I don't think I've heard much about them."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 04:59

"Yeah, I still plan on pestering my dad for one," she said, with a grin. "I don't think I'd want to have one here though. I've seen the trouble Will has with his dog."

Hilary thought for a minute. "Well, I live with my dad and my little sister, who I think I mentioned before (we've covered so much, I'm starting to lose track)," she said. "What would you like to know about them?"

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 05:02

Harmony laughed, thinking of Will and Hades.

"Oh little Demon, that's right. His name is actually Hades, but I call him a little Demon because he is one. Will views it as such too." She said. "Uhm...well, do you think your little sister will be able to get into Hogwarts as well? Is she looking forward to seeing if she gets into Hogwarts?"

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 05:11

"Well, Hades was the god of the underworld," she said, with a laugh, remembering a book she had read on greek mythology. "Maybe he's just trying to live up to his name."

Hilary thought back to the conversations she had had with her sister back before she had come to Hogwarts. "I don't know if she'll get in," she said. "I can remember some stuff happening around us that I know now was just accidental magic, but I don't know if it was her or me. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

"I think she's excited at the thought of it, but at the same time, doesn't want to get her hopes up, incase it doesn't work out."

She looked up at Harmony. "What about your family? What are they like?"

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 05:18

Harmony grinned, nodding. It was hard to say with Muggleborn families since sometimes, only one of the siblings had magic. Harmony sincerely hoped that Hilary's sister would be coming to Hogwarts when she turned eleven.

"Well, my dad and I play Quidditch all the time back home," Harmony said. "He's a big fan of it, and I've learned all the moves from him. Puddlemere United all the way! My mom doesn't like to bother with trivial things like attending Saturday tea parties or the like, and you can find her wearing mismatching clothes while cleaning the house."

She laughed at some of the clothing her mother had worn over the years. It was quite a sight to see.

"When I'm gone, my mom takes care of my garden for me, which I'm very thankful for."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 05:27

Hilary smiled. "My mom was like that. She always said that she'd rather waste her time reading or with us, than going to some silly party that was just a bunch of women gossiping."

The mentioned of quidditch had peaked her interest. "I'm insanely jealous of all the people here who grew up playing quidditch. It seems like such a cool game. I wanted to try out for the teams they were making, but I figured it would be better to wait, since I've never actually seen a game before."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 05:52

Harmony grinned. "Quidditch is the best sport, hands down. Hopefully, you'll get an understanding of it when you see the game we'll be doing next weekend." She said. "I could also explain it the best way I can if you want, but I must admit that when I talk about it, I get really excited." She said, laughing to herself.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 09:40

"I've done a bit of reading up on it, so I have a general gist of how it works. But if you want to explain it, maybe you can clear up some of the stuff that doesn't make sense."

Hilary was hoping to maybe try out for the house team next year, but she didn't want to say anything, incase she changed her mind and decided not to.

"Did you go out for the teams?" she asked Harmony.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 09:50

Harmony nodded, smiling brightly. "Yes. I tried out for the small Quidditch match next weekend. I made Seeker on Team number one. Hopefully, I'll make Seeker on next years real Ravenclaw team. It's always been a goal of mine to play on a Quidditch field in a real game." She explained.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:03

"That's awesome," she said, with a smile. It seemed that a few of her friends were playing on those teams. "Congratulations! I can't wait to see you play."

Hilary couldn't help but let her mind wander to what the game was going to be like. She had every intention of going down to watch it. She imagined that it had to be interesting; they play fifty feet in the air! She couldn't wait.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:08

Harmony nodded and grinned at Hilary. "Thanks! I hope I do well. The only people I've played with are my family, so I don't know if I know enough to be able to play rather well." She said, voicing her main worry. "I know some people have already been playing with their families as well, and I don't want to get out there and have a mind blank."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:15

"I'm sure you'll do great," she said, with a smile. "If you've been playing your entire life, if nothing else, you'll have some knowledge to work off of."

She paused a second, thinking. "Is it hard to play? Or confusing? There seems to be a lot of rules that seem to conflict. Or maybe that's just because I've only read about it."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:25

Harmony shook her head. "Once you really know it, it's not confusing at all. However, different things can always happen. Bludgers hitting brooms and people, rain, lightning. That type of thing is unexpected. The rules are simple, and the positions are simpler yet. It's not about reading Quiddtich to understand it, it's about living it and seeing it with your own eyes."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:30

Hilary nodded in understanding. Well, sort of. Understanding that the game would make more sense to her once she saw it played with her own eyes.

"Do people often get seriously injured?" she asked, thinking of what Harmony had said about different things happening. "Has anyone ever died or anything during a game?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 12:50