Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And they were kidnapped

And they were kidnapped - Page 2 Empty Re: And they were kidnapped

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 22:19

"I'm ok" she said to cass "telling them probably wouldn't help much anyway" she sighed. She smiled at Jas they had only met a few minutes ago but she seemed nice and Alex liked her. "do you want to get out of here and go down to the lake or something?" she asked them.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 22:27

Jasmeet looked at the girls before her, and managed a smile. "Sure, whatever you guys want to do," she said. Although she had come there to borrow a book, she figured that her friends needed her the most.

Having a one last look at the book before her, she gulped when she saw the name Lechlan Lovegood there. She wasn't sure how they could cope with all this.

Post by Guest Sun 29 Aug 2010, 07:30

Now she had been properly healed, and the Quidditch match was properly out of the way, Cass found herself wandering back to the Library, all the more curious.
    More curious than ever.

She found Oddities of the 21st Century again, and continued reading.

The leader of the Arachnids- The Black Widow- was the child of one of the original Death Eaters (followers of the Voldermort) and seems to have caught their almost Aryan ideals only too well.

Currently
    The Arachnids are stationed in Wales (this book is updated via Charm)and have been sighted to have captives. The numbers of the soldiers have increased exponentially. There are now at least fourty followers of the Black Widow.

There it was.
    Cass swallowed.
    Wales.

Post by Guest Sun 29 Aug 2010, 07:36

Indiana was a bit tired after staying up late and thinking about the remaining examinations that awaited him. Well, pulling some all-night rounds had taken a lot but the wonderful item known as coffee ice cream was a miracle worker when used correctly. Pity that he was running out of it.

He noticed Cassopeia reading Oddities of the 21st Century before greeting. "Oi, Cass. Anything interesting there?"

Post by Guest Sun 29 Aug 2010, 07:39

It was hard to hide a smirk and a laugh when Indiana asked his question.
    Anything interesting there?

"There sure is, Indi, there sure is."
    And when she felt her lips to check they were smiling, Cass let Indiana see her smile. A brilliant- if too happy- smile.

"I think I know where my bro is," she said brokenly.

Post by Guest Sun 29 Aug 2010, 07:49

Indiana's mind tensed a bit at the mention of Alex Marling. It was a sensitive and almost traumatic subject that Cassopeia didn't talk about. He noticed her smile was hollow before hearing her reply in a broken tone.

"You did?" Indiana asked quizzically, wondering on what information that Cassopeia had uncovered from the book that she was reading.

Post by Guest Sun 29 Aug 2010, 08:12

"Here, take a look," she said softly, pointing down to the table at Alex's earlier find a few days ago. "It has the name of every child kidnapped by a group of extremists- The Arachnids."
    The name felt dirty on her tongue- saying it was almost like she was advocating it. Horrible, horrible.

Glancing down at the paper again, she vowed to do something about her new information. Two years had been a long time to wait. An awfully long time.

Post by Guest Sun 29 Aug 2010, 08:35

Indiana looked at the passages that explained about the group. The more he read, the more it sickened him especially their actions towards those that find and accidentally trigger their Portkeys.

'Even in this day and age, such people still cling to outdated beliefs with the intention of implementing their order.' he thought to himself.

"This is disturbing beyond measure."

Post by Guest Sun 29 Aug 2010, 08:45

"Yep. That's why I'm doing something about it," hushed Cass. "The longer I wait, the harder it'll be to find him, right? And the possibility of him living, too-" she gulped. "I mean- even now there's not much of a likelihood."

Shrugging, she pondered why her brother was taken. There was no way it was a misunderstanding- the portkey had been in the 'care' of the grown man Margerini. So someone must have planned for Cass, and thus Alex to be there, she reasoned.
    But what set Alex apart from the thousands of young (and pureblooded) boys?

Post by Guest Sun 29 Aug 2010, 08:58

"Now's not the time to lose hope." Indiana spoke as he placed the book down while sifting through the information regarding the group. "It will be one thing of finding him but how you choose to deal with him will be a different matter."

The youth then looked at the incoming sunlight seeping through a far sector of the library, thinking about the situation.

"For starters, you might want to consider finding information on how Portkeys work in order to find some method of backtracking their intended destinations along with learning on how to detect them."

Post by Guest Sun 29 Aug 2010, 15:05

Jasmeet spoke up from where she had been, not knowing what she was supposed to say after the initial shock. She just wasn't sure what she should say to her best friend that it would make it better for her.

She knew already, that whenever the Ravenclaw needed her, she would be here.

"But why would they go after Alex, I mean, there are so many pureblood families out there, why him? I think that there is more to it than just that".

Post by Guest Sun 29 Aug 2010, 18:12

"My thoughts exactly," Cass murmured.
    She took everything in that Indiana and Jasmeet said, and tapping her finger on her lips, watching the sun begin to set- the god rays beaming down from the high library windows, Cass wondered what she could do, if by a long stretch, she found Alex.
    Mungo's couldn't do anything..

Post by Guest Sun 29 Aug 2010, 22:36

As he read on the information, Indiana's eyes narrowed on the numbers composing the Arachnid group and the title that the apparent leader goes by, the Black Widow.

'Sounds like the leader is female, judging by the title.'
    Indiana thought before noticing the group's location in Wales.

"Perhaps studying the names of the others that have been abducted might shed some light to the reason for their capture." Indiana spoke.

Post by Guest Sun 29 Aug 2010, 23:06

"But where could we find something we could study them on. Sometimes, Indiana, I wish Wizards had that Googil thing you were on about when we were exploring," she sighed.

Going nowhere at the moment didn't faze Cass, though. It was a start, and it was enough. For now.

Post by Guest Mon 30 Aug 2010, 01:09

"I really don't know what angle to actually look on and approach this from." Indiana replied. "Researching into the histories behind the pure-blood surnames of the abducted and finding similarities would take a lot of time."

The youth mentally made a note to look up on methods of detecting and backtracking Portkeys when he had the chance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 00:34