Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dance Steps

Dance Steps Empty Dance Steps

Post by Guest Mon 23 Aug 2010, 23:21

Cat looked around. Dance steps? She was certain that was supposed to ring a bell somewhere, and not just in the way that the evasive and enigmatic Charms Prof had given it as a hint. Oh well, he said dance steps, she could remember some dance steps.

She placed her feet, brow furrowed, trying to remember the lessons her mother had insisted they all take.

"Backstep, 1 2 3, 1 2 3 and backstep, 1 2 3, 1 2 3 and backstep, twirl, 2 3, twirl, 2 3 and backstep, twirl, 2 3, twirl, 2 3 and backstep, 1 2, spin, 1 2 3, backstep, 1 2, spin, 1 2 3, backstep, jivewalk, 3 4 5 6 7 8, in, out, out, in, no, wait..."

Cat looked down at her feet. It was those blasted toe and heel taps after the walk thing that always got her mixed up!

Dance Steps Empty Re: Dance Steps

Post by Guest Tue 24 Aug 2010, 00:27

"yo Cat! Watcha doing?" Alex asked as she entered the supposedly empty room to get some practice done on dance without knocking over anything.

"What happened, I mean, are not Cats supposed to be light on their feet? But, anyways, you are better off than me!" Alex said as she narrowly avoided tripping over the strap of her bag which was hanging down near her feet.

Post by Guest Tue 24 Aug 2010, 00:33

"Ha, bloody, ha." Cat said dryly, turning to look at the girl. "And I see I'm not the only 'not-so-graceful' one here." She said with amusement as the other girl tripped over the strap of her bag.

She grinned. "Want to dance?" she asked with a flourish, "I know most of the male steps for a couple of dances."

Post by Guest Tue 24 Aug 2010, 00:35

Alex stared blankly at Cat for a few moments, "You do NOT mean that, do you? I mean, did you not just see this awesome performance of mine. Who the hell trips over their OWN bag's...straps?" Alex asked as she deposited her bag on the ground.

"But if you are sure, then follow up, I will try. After all we just need to know the steps, not actually do them, right?"

Post by Guest Tue 24 Aug 2010, 00:38

Cat pouted dolefully. "It was a very nice performance." she grinned suddenly, "And I never said it had to be good dancing!" She shoved her own bag to a side of the room rather than leaving it where she'd dumped it, grabbing Alex's hand, pulling her into the room fully.

Post by Guest Tue 24 Aug 2010, 00:45

"Whoah!" Alex said as she was pulled into the center of the room by none other than Cat herself.

"Right! Thats what they all say, till I trip over their feet, step over their feet or cause the Domino effect. Wait! That one was really awesome! The way each one of them fell down, one by one, leaving only me standing. My mother never made me go to those dumb parties again!"

Post by Guest Tue 24 Aug 2010, 00:48

Cat laughed. "Human dominoes? I've done something similiar. Except in a lunch queue. Had my library privileges revoked for a whole week, even though I swear it was an accident!"

She placed Alex's left hand on her own shoulder, holding their right hands high and placing her own left hand on the other girl's waist. "Now, jive? Rumba? Cha cha?" she asked.

Post by Guest Tue 24 Aug 2010, 00:50

"Do I look like I recognise a single one of them? Because if I do, then I need to readjust my expression. 'Cause that is certainly NOT how I feel. By the way, losing library privilages sucks, ZI dunno how I would have survived." Alex said as she sighed.

"Do whatever. Just start with the easiest to remeber, because remember, I have a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery bad memory." she said as she shrugged.

Post by Guest Tue 24 Aug 2010, 00:55

Cat gave an evil grin. "It sucked less when I picked the lock on the door to get at the books. Let's just say the teacher's were momentarily surprised. Easy to remember? Box rumba it is then!"

"Now take two steps to your right, on the beats 1, 2, then two steps back to your left on the beats 3, 4." Cat said, leading slowly.

Post by Guest Tue 24 Aug 2010, 00:57

"Which beats? I mean are we not dancing on a song? And, that was cool! I had to do that sort of stuff to steal the chocolates and biscuits in my mom's 'secret' stash. Lets just say, being a witch rocks, and leave it at that." Alex knew she was stalling but Hey! No one can exactly blame her.

Post by Guest Tue 24 Aug 2010, 01:02

Cat sniggered. "Ah, the joys of breaking and entering." she sighed wistfully, "Of course, so much easier now we know an unlocking charm." she said, sniggering again. She dropped Alex's hand to stroke her chin thoughtfully. "Mayhap we should find music?" she suggested, "Or I could draw out the steps?"

Post by Guest Tue 24 Aug 2010, 01:11

"Music! Most definitely! MUSIC!" Alex said as she too gazed around the room thoughtfully.

"Maybe we should go to the Room of Requirement? It would have everything we need and even change in accordance to our need!" she finally suggested.

Post by Guest Tue 24 Aug 2010, 07:30

Cat thumped her forehead. "Now why didn't I think of that." She said conversationally. She raised her hand with a flourish. "Onward! To the Room of Requirement!" she grabbed her bag and paused at the door.

"Last one there's a rotten egg." she joked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 16 May 2024, 22:35