Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Astro-Slinky Meet Point.

Astro-Slinky Meet Point. Empty Astro-Slinky Meet Point.

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010, 23:18

She'd owled several of her buds to meet at the astronomy tower, some she'd told why, some not.
    But who would come?

Looking over at her battered suitcase she hadn't moved out of its stationary spot behind the door and dresser in her dorm until now, she imagined their surprise when she opened it and out popped four head-wide massive slinkies.

Fast footsteps behind her. She listened intently to the sound the shoes made. She knew who it was. It was...

Astro-Slinky Meet Point. Empty Re: Astro-Slinky Meet Point.

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010, 23:22

Indiana sprinted up the tower after receiving an owl from Cassopeia.

'I hope I'm not too late.' he thought to himself as he raced up the staircase of the Astronomy Tower. The youth could feel the coldness of the walls as he ascended higher and higher or perhaps his mind was triggering a coolant to be released into his bloodstream.

Reaching the top, Indiana found Cassopeia. "Am I late?"

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010, 23:23

"Cass, is everything okay? Are you in trouble?" Samantha asked anxiously as she entered the tower, wand drawn. Her eyes took in the tower but failed to detect any signs of immediate danger. Well, it stood to reason, Cass wouldn't have had the time to send an owl if she was in actual danger. Feeling foolish, the witch lowered her wand.

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010, 23:26

"Nah. It's only the beginning of night," she said awkwardly. "I mean. No- you're not late."
    What is up with me tonight? Professor Green gave me a healing spell too many.

"Open that suitcase. It's got what we're doing tonight in it. You'll never guess," she grinned toothily.

She turned to see Samantha speaking fast, looking pretty worried.
    "Hey, where's the fire?" she asked, amused.
    Taking another look at her face, then to her wand, and then back on what she'd owl'd her.
    Oh.

"Sorry, Samantha. Have I taken you out of bed out of worry? I only meant I thought you'd want to do something with little ol' me. And Indiana, of course. Baking pals."
    Cassopeia motioned to the brown peeling suitcase.

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010, 23:26

Theresa grinned as she ran up to the tower. She had to laugh at the letter she was owled by Cassico. She ran up and saw Indiana and Samantha Quill as well as Cassi.

"Cassico, Indiana!" she greeted cheerfully, she heard Indiana's question to Cassi and looked at her. She was happy when she said that they werent, this was going to be fun.
    "Hello Samantha" she greeted more calmly as she smiled at her.

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010, 23:32

"Hello Theresa," the Slytherin nodded to the Hufflepuff witch. Turning to the suitcase, she frowned.

"What's in there?" she asked Cass tentatively, not wanting to be the first to open the case. Cass clearly had something in mind and Samantha wondered if she should have told Cass she was no good at adventures.

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010, 23:36

Indiana was slightly surprised that Samantha and Theresa had arrived since he was sure that no one had been behind him when he ascended the tower. Perhaps he should find Yuki Lestrange and ask her to train his ears and other needed senses when he had the chance.

"So what's the objective, boss?" Indiana inquired while noticing that the sun was setting over the horizon, signaling the beginning of night.

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010, 23:37

"Objectives come later, my dear Hufflepuff. First things first: which of you will dare open it? Will it be the fierce protecter of all animals, Cotgrave, will it be the quiet and adventurous muggleborn, Lamperouge, or will it be the logical and lovely Slytherin?"

She pulled an encouraging smile to all of them, "there's nothing deadly in it, I promise. On Bradley's life I swear."

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010, 23:40

Mary went up to the tower casually, the letter Cass sent her didn't seem urgent and the girl was tired, so she didn't run up. She heard voices and reckognized Indiana.
    Great, at least I'll know someone she thought fondly.
    Reaching the end, she found Sam, Theresa, Indiana and Cass already up there. Well, no worries she won't know anyone.
    "Hi, guys. What's up?"

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010, 23:41

"Coolio, what is it?" Theresa asked excitedly as she took a step towards it. She wondered what Cassi was planning, like her other ideas though, it was probably going to be something fun and dangerous which was always the best.
    She turned at a new voice and smiled as she waved at the new comer "hey Mary" she said cheerfully.

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010, 23:49

"Hi, Mary." Indiana greeted amid seeing her arrive on site. He then turned to see Theresa approach the suitcase, curious on what was in it. At the same time for some unknown reason, he had a good feeling on what might actually be inside the suitcase.

'Ever so eager to have everyone waiting to see what surprise you have in store for all to see.' Indiana thought.

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010, 23:58

Mary noticed they were all looking at a trunk. She wondered what's in there and it was probably some kind of surprise Cass made them all.
    "What's in there?" the witch asked curiously. She was a little worried it's something dangerous or something they'll break rules with, but on the other hand, she was quite excited. Well, she was certain it'll be something great, when was anybody around Cass and was bored?

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 00:02

"let's find out" Theresa said as she turned back to the trunk and kneeled down to open it. Her eyes went wide when she saw slinkes burst out. "Slinkies?" she asked, still in shock before she laughed.
    "That is brilliant" she said as she stood up and looked at them, they were massive.

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 00:07

The trunk popped open instantly and Samantha's eyes opened wide in shock. For she was looking at some very odd and colorful.... slinkies.

"I don't understand," were the first words out of her mouth before she realized how stupid they sounded. The witch blushed. She waited for Cass to explain what they intended to do with the slinkies.

Last edited by Samantha Quill on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 00:09; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 00:08

"One for you each. A present before the holidays, that need to be broken into tonight. It's perfect. All the teachers are in their offices marking, the rest of the students are revising for the Astronomy and Potions left!"

Astro-Slinky Meet Point. Slinky10

"Damn it, Bradley," she muttered. She pulled that one out of the way, to reveal, one for all of them...
    Astro-Slinky Meet Point. 20090110

Last edited by Cassopeia Marling on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 00:27; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 00:14

Indiana raised his eyebrows before taking one of the metal slinky units out of the suitcase. Cassopeia never ceased to amuse him.

'Well, this certainly will be a fun way to end the term if she is planning what I think she's planning.'
    Indiana thought to himself while moving his hands, causing the toy to shift around the two ends.

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 00:17

Mary laughed as bunch of slinkies hopped out of the trunk. They were so colorful and pretty.
    "Cass, that's so wonderful!" she exclaimed and before she knew what she was doing, she hugged the Ravenclaw. She was so worried she won't make any friends here at Hogwarts and yet, she made one even before the train left.

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 00:26

Theresa smiled as she picked up one of the colourful slinkies. "Thanks Cassi, these are so coolio" she said cheerfully as she fiddled with the slinky. She was not surprised at all about the choice, Cassi was always so random and loved slinkies. It was one of the reasons that she was always so fun to be around.

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 00:34

"Now now, sentimental Mary," she grinned as she hugged Mary back and then handed her the most colourful slinky. "That one was yours. I don't know why I made everyone have a particular one- they pretty much are all the same, but when I bought them I had people in mind for them. Anyway, Indiana, your's is the one with no yellow in it- they'd ran out of those before I got to Mary's. Theresa, yours is the starred one, mines the ruined one, and Samantha- hey! Where did yours go?"
    Cass' momentary panic went right to her eyes. Where did I leave the blasted thing?
    Ah, now she remembered.

"'s in my pocket."
    Astro-Slinky Meet Point. Ssss10
    "Found it in that Joke shop in Hogsmeade. It's the real deal, though. If someone thinks fondly of you the slinky bounces, try it out."

She grinned as she saw everyone else with their slinkies. "And as for the rest of you, you're gonna have to find out what your slinky's special power is on the way down. Now," she began, "does anyone know how to fix my slinky?

[the race can stay on this thread till we get to the GHall. You can pick your own slinky power:D btw, I can fix a slinky. Just so you know. lol]

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 01:03

"So the one without the yellow, eh?" Indiana mused as he looked at the metal slinky that he was holding. No yellow color was on it so the unit seemed to fit the description.

'Special ability... might as well find out when it is in action.'
    he thought to himself before hearing Cassopeia asking on how to fix her slinky.

"Just cast a Mending Charm and it might fix itself, I think." Indiana suggested.

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 01:10

"Eh. Mending Charm? Not heard of that. I've never been shown magic before Hogwarts, to be honest. You know how to do it?"
    Cass looked at her ordinary slinky. It had been through the wars with her, that one. All her slinky wins were down to that thing. Bless that damn slinky.

"Well, I'll get this one fixed, and then I'm ready to go, you all good?"

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 01:24

"I would if not before the constrains on what magic that we can do." Indiana replied sheepishly as though trying to find a solution to the problem. "But perhaps you could focus onto your slinky and wish for it to repair itself. Maybe you could focus your accidental magic into the repairs and make it as new as on the day it was made. Or find one of the kitchen elves to repair it."

The youth reached into the pocket of his sleeveless trenchcoat before pulling out a lollipop that Nonette had sent him in her letter and held it out to Cassopeia.

"I think Nonette lacks common sense when sending candy such as this." the youth muttered. "Maybe one of the elves might like it."

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 01:41

"Or me!" she cackled, yanking it from him. "Oh, I see now. I'll head there now. You guys can start with out me, if you'd like. I really don't fancy the idea of wishing for it to work. Not much of an optimist, see," she grinned.

"Won't be long, I'll run there and back."

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 01:58

Theresa nodded as she looked over the spring in her hands. She grinned as she made it move. Slinkies were always so amusing, even if they were just an odd spring. She continued to play with the slinky while she waited for Cassi to come back. Her friend was usually a fast runner.

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2010, 02:01

Panting, Cass grabbed onto Theresa's shoulder breathing, "Those...stairs... nightmare!"
    She kept a firm hold on where her broken rib had been, not that it was bothering her- the magic had worked fine, but she was still sure that it was pretty flimsy, so she'd kept to keeping her hand on her waist just in case.
    "Right, sorry about that. Slinkies at the ready?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 17:58