Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Samantha's Bakery

Samantha's Bakery - Page 10 Empty Re: Samantha's Bakery

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 07:30

Cass stood proudly, smirking when Indiana gave in. She offered a hand, but before she knew it she was up and ready.
    "As you wish, Ind," she said, bowing. "They must've done, Ind. But really, what's this?" Motioning to him.
    "y'okay?"

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 08:18

Indiana nodded before regressing to his normal demeanor. "I'm fine, Cass. It's hardly anything to worry about. But whether an angel really did spike my goblet or I felt like trying to gauge your reaction are left to be speculated."

"Anyways, Samantha is working on making and baking Ginger Newts." the youth explained. "Of course, you're more than welcome to help. Just clean your hands first if you choose to do so."

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 08:47

"It'll have to be a mystery," sighed Cass. "It was pretty funny though."
    Cass watched as Indiana and Sam went about their cookery business, itching to throw some flour in the air- not that she'd voice that craving aloud.
    She admired the handiwork from both of their hands. She'd never seen anything turn from muggle to magic. It was... magical.
    Cass laughed.
    "I'd love to help!" she spluttered, "but I don't know the recipe or anything..." Cass slumped.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 09:01

Indiana smiled in understanding. "That's alright, I don't know the recipe that well either. I'm just catching the newts the moment Samantha liberates them from the dough and those cutters are enchanting them with different movements. If you're a good catcher, then it might help speed the rate in getting all of them into empty jars."

The youth then handed Cassopeia a pair of clean plastic-thin gloves. "Or you could Samantha with some other phase of the recipe. Just wash your hands before you put these on."

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 09:09

Cass held a hysterical giggle as she ran to the taps and resignedly walked back, realising it was against health and safetly laws in Scotland and England, if not anywhere else.
    "I'll do the catching. I've always said if I wasn't so crap at flying, I'd be a keeper for sure."
    Cass put on the thin gloves, happy that her hands hadn't puffed up and been too big for the gloves. But she wasn't sure why that errant thought was there. She dismissed it.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 13:32

Indiana brought an empty jar onto the table. "We'll see on how good your catching skills are. Of course, I have no idea on what the next cutting pattern is going to be."

The youth then turned to Samantha, his eyes holding a look that was hoping that she wouldn't mind the extra help on catching the newts.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 13:39

Cass' eyes twinkled again at the notion of being the catcher. She was pre-tty good at these. One would go so far to say very good.
    Then again, she'd probably drop something now.
    "Ready when you are," said Cass, her hands searching over the counter top for a jar or something to stash the newts in. "We're doing Ginger Newts, right?"

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 14:25

Samantha watched the exchange with a smile. She didn’t mind the extra help, especially with what was coming next.

“Alright, so the next batch is the giggling batch. Like the sneezing ones, the propel themselves with their giggles. The reason they’re hard to catch is because they look so… well, cute. And when you catch them, they stop giggling which makes you want to let them go. Harden your hearts lady and gentleman,” the girl said before placing the appropriate cutter on the dough. Soon, six merry newts were giggling all over the counter.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 14:33

Inside, Cass visualised an Iron Gate closing in around her heart, not that she'd need it. She'd never been one to coo over 'sweet' things. They made her nervous.
    Which was why she was a cooer- if there was such a thing- over Bradley, who was a Toad (BUT DONT TELL HIM THAT) and very warty.
    "I'm mentally prepared," said Cass to Sam with a dignified sigh.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 14:46

Indiana didn't bother to answer as he took two empty jars with both of his hands before examining the giggling newts. At the same time, he was hoping that Cassopeia was ready to capture the newts.

As soon as Samantha began cutting, the giggling newts propelled themselves free onto the counter. Six newts took form and Indiana managed to use the resulting trajectory of their giggling antics to capture four with the jars while the other two newts headed towards Cassopeia.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 15:09

Catching the Newts with Indi's wide throw caught Cass unawares, as she jumped to catch one, with both hands. She'd been day dreaming, fascinated by Samantha's precision. "Got em!" she said, relieved.
    She'd be ready next time.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 15:16

The six newts having been caught with relative ease, Samantha turned to the second last cutter. “Alright guys, these are exploding newts. Yes, they do explode, only to reform themselves in a few seconds and then repeat the whole process. However, they only combust when the have enough room so the key is to detain them really quickly. Once in a jar, they will refrain from exploding.”

To demonstrate her point, she cut the first of the new batch. And just as it was liberated, it burst onto small chunks of dough. A few seconds later, it was reforming itself and she signaled for someone to catch it quick.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 15:21

"Right, gotcha." Cass opened the jar ready in one hand, the other ready for some seriously brill catches. "Watch me, Indi- I'll go for the cartwheels if I need to," she joked. She bent her knees, instead deciding to put the jar inbetween them, keeping both hands free.
    She wasn't feeling up to exploding dough newts all over her.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 15:24

Indiana grabbed an empty jar before bringing it down on the newt, hindering it from exploding before sealing it. To see this new form was certainly surprising and he willed for multiple jars and a funnel to appear on the counter behind him.

"Samantha, I don't think these newts will ever get past airport security." Indiana remarked as he took two jars into his hands, ready to make the capture.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 15:28

Samantha laughed at the remark about airport security. Indiana’s sense of humor was definitely growing on her. “I don’t think they would,” she affirmed.

“Seeing that Cass was in position and Indiana had multiple jars ready, she proceeded to speed cut the rest of the exploding newts, glad that there was at least one more pair of hands on desk.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 15:35

"Hit me!"
    Cass kept agile on her feet, glad that she had had a race on foot and swimming with Vanessa in Gryffindor. At least this way, if she did a cartwheel (not that she'd ignore the Health and Safety rules and actually do one, of course) she wouldn't stretch any muscles.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 15:56

Indiana moved fast with two jars at hand. The moment the newts were cut, they exploded before reforming themselves in a manner of seconds. Having calculated and computed the exploding newt's activities, Indiana decided to work on tenths of a second as he brought the jars down just as the newts completed their reformation process. From there, he connected the openings of the jars to make the transfer into the one serving as the main receptacle prison while the other was the collector. The youth continued the process.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 16:06

Cass juggled the two jars that she had, after duplicating the small jars once she had seen the size of the one's Indiana had a hold of. It seemed Indi had this one covered.
    "Smooth, Indie," she congratulated. "Samantha, I don't know how you do it Missus!"

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 16:09

Samantha gaped open mouthed at the boy’s speed. He would make a really good Quidditch player one day if he flew as well as he caught. In no time at all, he had detained al six newts. The Ravenclaw barely had a chance to move throughout the process. She smiled at Cass' comment.

Reaching for the final cutter, she flattened the last bit of dough.

“So this is the last batch. Also called the miscellaneous batch. As you’ll see, all previous action we’ve odne are carved here on the silver and there’s no way to determine which way the newt will come out. We’ll just have to wing it for this lot.”

With that, the girl cut the first newt out carefully, only to have it bounce up from the counter. Ah, a bouncing one.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 16:15

"Got it!" said an excited Cass, glad she had found some small jars to fit these in on there own- the stopper opening and closing on a big one would be sure to let one of those blighters escape. "Ready for the next one!"

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 16:34

“Sure,” the Slytherin replied. Working the cutter carefully, she cut out the next one. This one started sneezing his way to the edge of the counter. Cass hadn’t seen a sneezing before, had she? Samantha wondered ho she’d react to it. They were nothing new for the Hufflepuff, of course.

Last edited by Samantha Quill on Sat 07 Aug 2010, 20:48; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 17:41

"I'm ready for the next one!" said Cass, getting another small jar ready for the Jumping Newt. Cass wondered when the other types of them would come into play. The exploding ones were a bag o' fun... granted you caught it!

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 23:51

Indiana watched Cassopeia handle the newts from the miscellaneous batch on the sidelines, knowing that she wanted to do some catching. He wanted to see how she would handle the different varieties while only stepping in when needed.

After seeing Cassopeia catch a bouncing newt, he then watched as Samantha cut a sneezing newt from the dough and wondered on how this one will be captured.

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 00:06

Cass saw her second sneezing newt- the first which Indi had caught- and she noticed how the newts projected backwards.
    Only looking to see a face of a newt facing back at her, she ran around the island counter top, arms outstretched either side of her shoulders, just as the faint sound of a sneezing newt knifed through the buzzing sound she still heard.
    BOOM!
    The newt split in two, arms and legs shuddering then stopping.
    She stepped further back, arms aloof.
    "I didn't touch it!"

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 09:04

Indiana watched as the newt sneezed before it suddenly split in two. That wasn't supposed to happen and he certainly didn't see Cassopeia do anything to the newt the moment Samantha liberated it from the dough.

'What just happened?' Indiana thought, suppressing a chill within his being as he picked up the severed halves of the dough-based newt before turning to Samantha.

"Could this be reformed and then re-cut?" Indiana asked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 15 May 2024, 20:11