Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading In The Sun

Reading In The Sun - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading In The Sun

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 12:48

Jasmeet nodded, "I think I've had enough of that for a lifetime," remembering the Wilma scene.

"So what you planning on doing in the summer break? Going back home, or staying?" Jasmeet hadn't really planned what she was going to do, after all, her mother's reply hadn't been what she had expected.

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 12:50

"I'll be spending time at home," Harmony said, nodding to herself. "My parents will be dreadfully lonely. I knew they were looking forward to have at least one child with them until they were old enough, but with Mozart gone, all they have is me. I also need to take care of my plants. Who knows what Uncle Tiberius has done to my poor babies?"

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 13:00

Jasmeet sniggered at her, "You like to grow plants? Any specific type?"

"Your parents seem really nice. Whose Uncle Tiberius? I don't recall you mentioning him," she said, thinking that the only family she had was her mother, who too was not talking to her properly.

I wish she’s alright.

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 13:08

Harmony sighed slightly. "Uncle Tiberius. Irritates me to no end. He's my Aunt Marie's husband, and he's about as bad as she is." Harmony grimaced. "Just ask Jen. They are that bad. He tends to kill plants he tries to take care of. My Aunt just kills them and claims it was all accidental. I grow my own aconite of course, just to keep up the family traditional. I grow an assortment of flowers and plants, most of them harmless."

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 22:47

"I'm just sayin'," spluttered Cass, "that if you want muggle and wizard books, come to me: I brought a case full- my mum made them smaller- they had to fit in somehow. So if there's a book sleepover, I am there."
    Cass smiled at the idea that Harmony and Jas shared the same kinship Cass did for books. There was always four on the go, one under her pillow, and a lot of cancelled nights with very good friends because she had one to read.
    She hoped they didn't think she was trying to sidle into their group. Books came second, after friendship, after all.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 05:40

Harmony smiled at Cass.

"What Muggle books do you have then?" She asked curiously. "I have many Wizarding books that I purchased before we got to school, and I'm afraid I don't have much knowledge of the Muggle world. What do you like to read the most?"

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 05:53

"I'm into the Sisters Grimm books. They're a guilty pleasure- I'll have to carry you a few of them down, but my favourites are called The Gargoyle, Before I Die, Noughts and Crosses and A Quiet Belief In Angels. None of them are wizarding. Beedle's got to be the best, right? Lockhart's are good for a laugh. But my muggle ones are a bit different. The Sister's Grimm are about the muggle fairytale people being real, and they're detectives. 'Gargoyle's a romance, Before I Die's a sad life-affirming one- but the writer's seriously amazing, Noughts & Crosses is a romance, too, and A Quiet Belief in Angels is everything rolled into one. Funny how I hate romance books. I guess it's the content, not the theme that I'm into. You got to love the classics though, but they won't mean anything to you either, would they?"

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 06:26

Harmony thought about what books and genres Cass listed off.

"I'll take them all," she said finally, nodding her head. "I shall read them all, my dear friend! Haha! Lockhart's books? Ugh. I don't think I even want to touch 'Magical Me'. He was so full of himself. I'd have to say that I like my Quidditch book, thank you very much."

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 06:57

Cass was glad at the idea of converting Harmony- out of all the Bookers in the school- to one of her favourites. She thought it an honour.
    "Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. It's only fun when you've had your first taste of Butterbeer and your auntie- an avid lover of the Gilderoy makes you read Magical Me to the family. I think I was crying!" she smiled fondly at the memory.
    "What are your favourite books to read, Harmony? You a Quidditch-ener?" she trailed off on the last word, unsure if it even was one.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 07:13

Harmony laughed at Cass' word.

"I'm a Quidditch fan through and through. Been playing it for years with the family, and hopefully it'll stay in my life at Hogwarts. Favorite books? I suppose all of them that I can get my hands on. Especially ones about new plants to discover and the like. I love them too." She answered, nodding to herself.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 16:49

"Did I hear Quiddicth," Jasmeet spoke up, "I just can't make to actually flying. I did however do it myself, but I was looking forward to doing it as a group," she smiled at the memory, just the feel of the breeze flying through her hair, made her smile.

“I wonder if you girls are up for the challenge?” she piped.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 17:55

"Yeah, I'd love it. I didn't sign up for the Flying Lessons," she said glumly. "means I won't be able to try out for Ravenclaw. Ahh well, everyone'll be bursting for it this year. Hey! Could we fly over the lake one time? Its-," she faltered, then lowered her voice to a whisper, "kind of been a fantasy of mine for ages."

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 06:47

Harmony laughed, grinning at her friends.

"Just wait until we can have our own brooms next year," Harmony said happily. "I'm taking my Da's Firebolt, whether he likes it or not! One of you can borrow my Nimbus if you'd like. Flying over the lake should be fun. We'll try it."

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 06:55

"OOH! Which reminds me, Harmony. Me, Jaz, Dixie, Will and a couple of others are going to have a little Quidditch match, let us know if you want to come along. Where do you like to play?"
    Cass liked the fact that Harmony passed down her brooms too. She thought it was a really nice tradition.

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 06:59

Harmony nodded vehemently. Oh sure, she would definitely play! She hadn't played Quidditch for quite a few weeks, and she was raring and ready to go.

"I usually play Seeker," she admitted quietly. "I have a sharp eye for things, when I'm reading and when I'm on the field. My mum always says I have great potential when it comes to it."

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 07:02

"Brilliant!" said Cass, emphasising the 'b' a little too much.
    "That's who we need as well. You going to try out next year? I wanted to go for keeper, but I didn't sign up for the Flying Lessons in time."
    Cass was glad Harmony wanted to play. She imagined Harmony and herself as those girls that really kicked ass on the field. Unless it involved contact. That was why Cass stayed near the hoops.

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 07:08

Harmony nodded.

"I'm definitely trying out next year. Got a kick some 'Puff arse. Well, some 'Dor arse and some 'Rin arse too." She said, laughing to herself. "Ravenclaw will definitely win the cup next year. We've got some pretty good people trying out."

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 07:10

"I guess we do. We're an active bunch. I hope we get a lot of students next year- recently, the numbers have dwindled a little. Poor slytherin has only Sam and Raven to depend on, or so they say!"
    Cass wondered about Mary, Angie and Skye- they had been pretty active too, although she hadn't seen much of them for a while.

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 07:12

"I know that I've some friends coming I believe," Harmony said, tilting her head to the side. "I'm definitely having one come. She's excited about it. I don't know about the other though. He'll be harder to convince, but he's the greatest, so I know he'll agree too. I haven't seen many Slytherin's around except Rae-Rae and Sam, like you said. It's a good thing Rae-Rae decided to stick with us. Things would be boring without him."

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 07:19

"He does know how to liven things up, that's for sure, but then again, you know Indiana Lamperouge?" Cass went on, "I came by Sam's bakery, with my ear plugs in. I took them out when Sam said hi, and then Indiana pretended to faint and was practically crying that I hadn't said hello to him!"
    She found this to be another layer to Indiana, but the notion of Indiana being so carefree made her snicker. At least Harmony would know it was all in good humour.

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 07:51

She tilted her head slightly.

"He's in Hufflepuff isn't he?" She asked Cass. "I don't believe I've met him. Makes me feel a little bad too since I've met a lot of people over the days, and I kind of want to know everyone. You know what I mean?"

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 07:54

"Yeah! You want to be friends with everyone. I am with most people. It's just the people you don't see around that often that I'm missing out on. You know who I mean- they turn up for their lessons and they're gone. Without a word!"

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 07:57

Harmony laughed, understanding what Cass said completely.

"It's like that some of the time with me as well. I mean, I think most of us Ravenclaw's are around a lot. Gryffindor's are missing quite a few, and even Hufflepuff is missing some. Slytherin, well it looks like it's down to two, sometimes even one." Harmony said, shrugging. "I guess people are reclusive."

She blinked a few times, before laughing again. "Well, I guess I like to rhyme in sentences!"

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 08:01

Cass held her giggle in. "That was beautiful, Harmony. Maybe you should be a bard?" she teased.
    "Mmm. More often than not, you see Ravenclaws, then Hufflepuffs. Gryffindors and Slytherins need a few more next year."
    Cass wondered what her younger wizarding friends would be sorted into.

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 08:56

Harmony laughed.

"Nah. I'll stick to reading and Quidditch thank you. I don't think I want to do poetry or songs." She said, sticking out her tongue. "I think one of my friends will either be in Hufflepuff or Gryffindor, since she really doesn't believe in Ravenclaw."

She giggled slightly. "And I know the other. He'll definitely be in Gryffindor!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 23:44