Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interhouse Party

Interhouse Party - Page 5 Empty Re: Interhouse Party

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 13:35

She opened her eyes, as she heard her name, tuning in halfway.
    "Oh, yeah," she said non-commitally. "Unless that table has essence of murtlap, or something to stop my nerves being shot to ribbons, I'll be okay," muttered Cass, adding a few garbled 'tsk's here and there.
    "Sorry," her voice softened, "just caught me at a vulnerable time. Hows the partay for you?"

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 13:45

"It's been fine so far. I just couldn't think of a good costume to wear for this occasion." Indiana replied. "All of the ideas for other costumes were either intimating or morbid, not something to wear here."

"Anything happened to you earlier?" the youth asked, having heard some sounds of disappointment from Cassopeia when she had responded.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 13:53

"Come on," teased Cass, sitting up, "humour me. What were your ideas?"
    It was nice to talk to someone. The flurry of dancing and chatter had filled the air from everyone standing, but from Cass, who had oddly sat down on a bean bag and had resisted the idea of rationally going to the hospital wing, it had been pretty quiet. Although in her head it was a completely different story. Her fingers were sore, and she was glad that she couldn't see her fingertips under the bandages Theresa had kindly provided.

"Nothing but a costume malfunction," she dismissed, looking away quickly, as she stowed her arms back into her costume again.
    If her orange face paint wasn't there now, the tell tale red would've been flaring like a siren by now.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 14:09

Taking a seiza position next to Cassopeia, Indiana shrugged but decided to answer her question.

"Well, there was the lycan werewolf, Boba Fett from the Muggle movie Star Wars, a samurai, and a pirate." the youth answered. "Of course, after seeing Harmony Lupin dressed up as Dumbledore, I should have thought about dressing up as Gandalf the Grey from the Muggle movie Lord of the Rings."

After hearing her mention about a costume malfunction, Indiana had thought about inquiring further since there was likely more to that but decided against it.

Nonetheless, he spoke. "I'm surprised on how a person's magic can sometimes speed his or her own natural healing process just by wishing for it."

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 14:18

As the song changed, Shelby held out a gloved hand to Resa, the same hand that Resa had kicked during their duel. "Would you care for another dance, Mr. Shasta-the-Dragon?" she asked, laughing, prepared to lead her friend in another ridiculous tango that did not match the music if she accepted.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 14:25

Theresa grinned as she stood up and bowed to Shelby. "I would be honered Princess Shelby and I will try and keep control of my tail this time" she said, trying to keep her voice deep. She was finding it very hard not to laugh as she took Shelby's hand and walked towards the dance floor.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 14:26

Cass almost said a muggle 'Lol' after hearing of the Boba Fett, but squashed it.
    "Harmony does look a killer double for Dumby. Team Dumby!" she chuckled.
    Cass straightened up, and tried to keep balance. She fancied a bit of booty shakin'. Hah. Not really. But she really wanted another Pumpkin Juice.
    Cass stopped at Indiana's final words. She turned around and without thinking stabbed a fist into his chest- her pointer finger being scrunched up, a fist would have to do.
    "You- don't even know- the half of it," snapped Cass under her breath.
    She jabbed once again, before she let go, and let herself fall into the bean bags, frustration gone, where she turned her face into the coarse fabric. Ah, comfort.

Last edited by Cassopeia Marling on Fri 06 Aug 2010, 15:31; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 14:31

Shelby laughed. "I'm less worried about the tail and more worried about you accidentally breathing fire on me," she joked.

She clasped Resa's hands and led her across the dance floor in a dramatic, tango-like dance step. She had to resist the urge to twirl Resa around, knowing that she'd have to jump over the tail again if she did.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 14:35

Theresa laughed "well don't worry, I will only breath fire on Durmstrang boys who come up with the ideas who try and teach me to set fire to my aunties" she said in a deep voice. Laughing more when she thought about the boy's plans. She had a feeling that it wasn't Sun'd plans, maybe Rain's or Breeze's. They would so think of something that mean. Theresa shook her head as she began to dance with Shelby.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 15:03

Indiana was a bit taken aback yet amused by Cassopeia jabbing at him before rolling his eyes while seeing her fall back onto the beanbag. Mood swings were certainly evident and the youth decided not to respond to what she did earlier.

'It's probably that time of the month.' Indiana thought to himself, remembering on what he had heard in some TV high school drama series.

"Hope you feel better." Indiana replied as he watched the activities occurring among the others.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 15:18

(OOC...whaaaaaaaat.:L)
    Cass turned back. She decided to cheer herself up, what with the sudden departure of Indiana. She waved to Theresa, and got that drink she had been wanting.
    It wasn't her fault that she was scared to death of Hospital Wings. And it wasn't a given that she need explain it to everyone who walked by.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 15:23

Theresa smiled as she twirled Shelby. She looked up and saw Cassi wave so she waved back. "Coming to join us then?" she asked, her smile grew slightly at the thought of a dragon, princess and exploding carrot dancing together. It would be the strangest sight yet would be fun, she mused as she twirled Shelby again.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 15:29

"If I must," joked Cass, pretending to look glum. She cartwheeled over a beanbag or two to join Princess Hilary and Theresa- sporting a detailed dragon costume.
    "You don't have to dance with me," she said in all seriousness, "Dragon. You don't have to do this. Re-evaluate your options,throw away our old presumptions, cause really, you dont wanna go through this," quoted Cass from the Visual Bible.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 15:42

Theresa smiled "of course, the talented mr Shasta the dragon wants to dance with you" she said in a deep voice. "We shall continue this for the next song Princess" she said, bowing when the song changed. She turned to Cassi and bowed "shall we dance miss Carrot?" she asked jokingly in her deep voice.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 15:45

Squeaking, Cass offered her hand, "We may, Mr. Dragon."
    She held in a girlish titter. But it escaped anyway.
    "Next time, I'm the man, Theresa!"
    Cass motioned for Indiana to come over. He looked a little lost on the bean bags in his normal japanese position.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 15:47

Shelby decided to take her leave of the dance floor. As amusing as watching a princess and a dragon dance surely was, a dragon and an exploding carrot was bound to be far more entertaining. She went back to the beanbag chairs and sat so she could watch Resa and Cass comfortably.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 15:48

Theresa grinned "and what makes you think I will let you?" she asked jokingly as she began to do the dance that her and Shelby were doing that didn't match the music at all.
    "Besides, I think I should lead, I am older and wiser after all" she said, winking at the joke they had been having for a while now as she twirled her.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 16:11

"Because I'm better being the man," grumbled Cass.
    It was true, she was but on a much smaller scale. Whatever had brought Bradley to think it was a girl was beyond her. But as a trained dancer taught to be the woman, Cass couldn't see any other alternative other than not dancing with him. And to Bradders, that'd be a curse for sure.
    "Older and wiser my bum. You'll die sooner," she teased, poking her nose in the air.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 16:26

Theresa fained hurt "what a mean thing to say, I am so wiser then you and my wise-ness will keep me alive for longer then you" she said, sticking her tongue out at her. "You will probably insult the giant squid or octopus anyway" she teased, grinning at the image of Cassi mouthing off to the squid. She probably would do that too, it seemed like the type of random thing that Cassi would love to do.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 16:31

"How could I insult an octopus or squid? Hannible and Christopher are wonderful, wonderful people. I think Christopher even helped me swim there and back on the voyage of putting your present in the middle, so there," she emphasised the last word, grinning.
    Before 'resa had time to realise, Cass slipped into the lead, spinning Theresa on her heel.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 19:21

Theresa shrugged "not sure but something tells me that you could insult the squid and the octopus could be insulted easily, it is a very mean thing, always trying to kill people and things like that" she said.She looked down at her tail carefully, making sure that it stayed out of the way as she danced.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Aug 2010, 20:14

"Hey!" Cass held out a accusing finger. "I wouldn't AK a single thing on this planet. Hey, does that count if they're already dead? It's not my fault I eat carcasses."
    She narrowed her eyes at Theresa's notion of her being able to insult an octopus.
    Personally, her comebacks and meanness skills were pretty much rock bottom. She just didn't know how to get under the skins of people.
    Which is not to say she didn't. She just didn't know how.

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 02:01

Indiana coughed a bit amid overhearing Cassopeia mention about Hannibal being a wonderful creature. That would be something that Hagrid would say. He would probably agree about Christopher being wonderful but Hannibal? Hannibal?! HANNIBAL??!!

'If Cass can say that Hannibal was wonderful, then who would be the most terrible in her definition of perspectives?' the youth thought to himself.

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 02:10

(A/N LOL I guessed the names were hinting at evilness, but I wasn't sure, either way I meant the nice one!)
    "You okay over there, Indy? You're coughing."
    Cass thumped Indiana on the back. She hoped he was ok. Maybe he'd had one Butterbeer too far- AHA! That was the smell she couldn't place for hours!
    On the lookout for butterbeer, Cass skulked around the tables looking for an unopened one.

Post by Guest Sat 07 Aug 2010, 04:45

Indiana felt the thump to the back before realizing that it was just Cassopeia. The youth nodded while replying. "Yes, I'm fine."

As Cassopeia headed towards the tables, Indiana watched the rest of the festivities before getting to his feet.

'I wonder what time it is right now.'
    the youth thought as he searched around the room for a clock. The chime of a grandfather clock drew his attention and Indiana's jaw dropped as he gawked at the current time.

'Oh no! I better get going!' the youth thought before quickly swept out the Room of Requirements, cursing himself for not keeping on par with his schedule.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 11:58