Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gryffindor Table

Gryffindor Table Empty Gryffindor Table

Post by Guest Mon 16 Aug 2010, 07:31

Gryffindor’s table sat proudly amongst the other houses the red and gold banners flying high over head. Students were gathered on the seats, eating and chatting away merrily. What a grand day at Hogwarts.

Remember:
    - 50 word minimum.
    - No swearing, trolling, rule breaking.
    - Registered users only please.
    - ONLY GRYFFINDOR STUDENTS!

Gryffindor Table Empty Re: Gryffindor Table

Post by Guest Tue 07 Sep 2010, 23:48

She watched the sorting enthusiastically; smiling as all the First Year students were sorted into their houses. She could see the excitement on their faces, mimicking her reactions last year.

As another student was sorted to Gryffindor, she cheered along with her house, hoping that the year was going to be a good one.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 00:32

Victoria looked around the table. She didn't know anyone in Gryffindor. All the people she'd met had gone either into Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. She had expected to go into Ravenclaw as well. Still, Gryffindor had produced some of the best wizards and she was proud to be part of it.

She ate quietly, hoping that she would make friends in her own House.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 00:34

Finally looking away from the sorting, she saw a girl sitting alone on the table. Jasmeet hadn't met the girl, but considered it her duty to welcome her.

Getting up from where she had been seated, she walked over, "Welcome to Gryffindor," she smiled, "I'm Jasmeet Kaur, but you can call me Jas".

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 00:39

Victoria looked up at the older girl and smiled. "Thank you, Jas. I'm Victoria, Tori. I can't wait for classes to start! Which ones are you taking?" she asked curiously.

Well, at least she wouldn't have to have any more conversations about which House she would be in. She had gotten sick of that topic very quickly.

She was very excited about her classes. She couldn't wait to see what this school year brought.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 00:54

'Gryffindor,' Indie thought, completely confused. How had that happened? There hadn't been a Gryffindor in her family line.. well.. ever. She had fully expected Slytherlin to be her house. Or even Hufflepuff. One of her cousins had been a Puff, but he was touched in the head. Still, this was utterly unexpected. She sat down with a heavy sigh. What would her parents think?

Silently she poked at her food, catching bits of conversation as it floated around her.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 00:58

Kaori walked over to the table with a smile she knew many great wizards had been apart of Gryffindor and she was certain her parents would be happy for her, she took a seat next to two girls having a conversation and one poking boringly at her food looking a bit confused

"Hi, I am Kaori", she said with a smile

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 01:00

Victoria looked over at another first year Gryffindor. She had never seen or met this girl before but if she wanted to make friends...

Victoria smiled at the girl who looked very glum indeed. "Hi there! I've Victoria, you can call me Tori. Why do you look so sad?" she asked curiously. She couldn't imagine being sad on such a wonderful night. She smiled happily as she mentally composed her letter to her father.

As she was thinking this another new Gryffindor had approached the table. "Hi, I am Kaori", she said with a smile.

Victoria smiled back at her. "Hi! I'm Tori," she replied.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 01:09

Indie raised her head and looked at her fellow first years and house mates. Pushing down her heavy heart, she figured she might as well try and make some friends.

"Indie Devon. Pleasure is mine, I'm sure," she said, pasting on a smile. Then it fell. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to be gloomy. I'm just a bit out of sorts. I thought I would be in Slytherlin, like the rest of my family had been. I have no idea why it put me here." She shrugged. "Anyway, good to meet you both."

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 01:17

Victoria nodded at Indie's reply. "I understand. It's nice to meet you too." She was glad that her dad didn't care which House she was in though. Of course, her mum would have preferred she hadn't been placed in any House but sent home in disgrace, learning that she wasn't actually a witch or some such thing.

"So, what classes are you guys taking?" she asked curiously. She hoped classes would start soon.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 01:23

"Potions for me right now", she replied.
    "Hello Indie, it's nice to meet you"
    Kaori's parents didn't care what house she was in but her aunt did her aunt wanted nothing more for her than to be in Slytherin like she had been years earlier so in way she knew how the girl felt, but she didn't really care what her aunt thought for the simple fact that everyone thought she was crazy.

"How about you guys, what classes are you taking", she asked

Last edited by Kaori Prince on Wed 08 Sep 2010, 01:38; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 01:28

Relaxing a little, Indie took a bite of food and chewed. With a swallow, she smiled genuinely. Ah, kindred spirits. It was nice to find some.

"I'm afraid I stuffed my schedule pretty full this year. I am taking all of the first year classes. I don't know what I want to do yet, so I thought if I took all of them, something might strike me as a goal to shoot for."

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 01:29

Victoria smiled. "I'm taking all of the classes too!" she replied happily. She couldn't wait to get to her dorm room and start reading her school books.

The feast was wonderful but, as a huge yawn overtook her, she realized that she was exhausted from a long, exciting day. Besides, she wanted to write to her dad before going to bed. She wondered what her teachers would be like. She already knew that the Charms teacher - her favorite subject - was not very nice. But she thought she could deal with that. Adults didn't intimidate her...well, except her mum.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 01:41

"Me on the other hand, I was terrified of overloading myself at the start", she said with a laugh and a small blush.
    "I didn't want to take on too much for fear that I would never get it done in time", she added

Kaori seen Victoria yawn and one caught her as well, she hadn't realized how tired she really was until she seen someone else yawn and then it hit her hard. "I wonder when we are going to get to our dorms", she asked

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 01:46

"That's great! At least we will know someone in class, right?" Indie asked, feeling a bit more relieved. She could do this. No matter what house she was in, she was still a Devon.

"Which one are you looking forward to most?" she asked. Then she caught Tori's yawn, and one of her own took over. It has been a very long day, and she was feeling particularly drained. It would be hard sleeping in a strange bed, something she had very rarely done. She was anxious to settle in and see to her owl.

"Are the dorms open yet, do you know?"

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 03:02

Victoria pushed her now empty plate away and wished that her kitten, Sherlock, were with her. But she knew he had been taken to her dorm along with her trunk.

"I'm looking forward to Charms the most," she said, in reply to Indie's question. "But I've heard that the Professor isn't very nice. But I still can't wait to start!"

She glanced over at the entrance. The doors were still closed and the Headmistress hadn't dismissed them yet. She sighed. "No, I don't think the dorms are open yet. I hope they will be soon though."

She paused. If they had awhile yet than they needed a new topic to discuss. "So...maybe this weekend we could explore Hogwarts and the grounds? Anyone interested?"

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 03:06

Kaori finished her last bite on her plate and also pushed her plate away. "I can't wait to try out potions, it had been my mother's favorite subject and she taught me a few things, so that's why I chose that", she said with yet another yawn, not that the topic in question was boring but because she was super tired.

"I think exploring the grounds is a great idea, we need to know where were going right", she replied

"I don't think the dorms are open yet either", she said in agreeance to Tori

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 03:19

Indie nibbled on a biscuit before placing it back on her plate. She was still too nervous to eat much. And now, the noise of the Hall was beginning to get to her. She was used to much quieter conditions. Rubbing her temple, she flashed a small smile.

"Charms sounds great. I am quite fascinated with Defense. I hope the teacher is both knowledgeable and nice." She shuttered slightly, thinking of the tales her father had told her about their rather colorful DADA teachers in years past. Out of them all, Lupin had been the most normal, if you counted a werewolf as normal. She drug her attention back to the question at hand.

"Sounds doable to me. I have a few stories I want to investigate," she replied.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 03:27

Victoria nodded in agreement. She was looking forward to both Defense Against the Dark Arts and Potions as well. "Well, I'm sure most of the Professors are nice."

She wondered, though, how she'd keep up with all the homework she knew she'd have. Still, she had been a very good student in the Muggle school she'd been in for six years. She wondered if they had clubs to join and such. If not, perhaps she could suggest it? She'd love to have a book club and a music club. Also, she wondered if they had any animals to ride, like Muggles ride horses.

Something occurred to her then. "Hey...is it true that the magic community ride broomsticks? I always thought that was a myth..."

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 03:35

Indie looked a bit surprised. "You're Muggle-born, yeah?" She hadn't had many opportunities to talk with Muggles, or Muggle-borns, and so was very curious was to their world and the differences between them. Despite being Pure-blooded, the Devons had nothing against those who were not.

"A wizards merit is in what he does, not his blood," her father had once told her. With a smile, she nodded to Tori.

"Yes, we have brooms, among other modes of transportation. But we first years aren't allowed to have one, at least not here at school. I have one at home, though. We will be allowed a broom next year." Her eyes sparkled, thinking of Quidditch, and flying.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 06:11

Gryffindor.
    Anna always hoped that she'd be in Gryffindor and her dream came true!
    She walked to the Gryffindor table and sat down at an empty seat.
    "Hello, i'm Anna." She said no no one in particular.
    She looked at all of the food that was placed before her.
    Then she looked at all of the friendly looking people in Gryffindor. She hoped that she'd make some friends here.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 07:04

Victoria shuddered at the thought of riding a broom. "I'm terrified of heights," she told Indie. Perhaps she'd prefer one of the other 'modes of transportation' that Indie had mentioned.

Another first year joined them and introduced herself as Anna. Victoria smiled at her. "Hi Anna, I'm Tori. Nice to meet you."

She began to make a mental check-list of the places she wanted to visit and thought longingly of her school books, which she was dying to read, but which were all locked up in her dorm. She hoped the Headmistress would dismiss them soon.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 07:42

A girl smiled at her and said. "Hi Anna, I'm Tori. Nice to meet you."

"Hello Tori, nice to meet you too. How are you? Are you excited about the new school year? Its my first year here." Said Anna happily. She wasn't really hungry, but she grabbed an apple and took a bite. Then she took a sip of her water, and looked around. She looked at all the teachers and wondered if her teachers would be nice.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 07:49

Naty rushed in, she was late for the sorting ceremony, and hoped no one would notice her lateness.
    When she reached the Gryffindor table she saw Jasmeet already sitting there along with some first years, who were talking among themselves, she sat down waiting for the ceremony to reach its end and see who else was going to be sorted into her house.
    “Hi!” she said to no one in particular and waving her hand at the same time “I’m Naty”.
    She smiled and took a look around her trying to memorize at least their faces and smiling at each one of them.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 07:58

A girl came quickly over to the Gryffindor table. “Hi!” She said while waving her hand at the same time “I’m Naty”.

She seemed very energetic and friendly, or at least Anna thought so. But she might just be energetic looking because she was late to the ceremony. But either way, she still seemed nice. "Hi Naty, i'm Anna." Anna said while smiling. She took a sip of water. "Is this your first or second year? You look like your a second year to me anyway." She said laughing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 01:50