Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gryffindor Table

Gryffindor Table - Page 2 Empty Re: Gryffindor Table

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 08:03

“Then you’re right” she said with a smile to Anna “I’m a second year indeed”.
    She started serving food into her plate, she was after all really hungry, and while she did that she asked looking at Anna but referring to everyone else “so, how do you guys feel about being sorted in gryffindor?”

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 08:11

Victoria was glad to meet another Gryffindor. She smiled in greeting to Naty and then answered her question, "I'm really happy about it! I mean, my dad was in Ravenclaw, but I know he'll be pleased anyway. Besides, Harry Potter was in this House and I think that's kind of cool...though maybe a lot to live up to." She paused and thought about it. "I'm not sure why I'm here though. I'm not really brave or anything like that, though I suppose I'm loyal to my friends."

She glanced at the others to see what they would answer.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 08:20

Naty smiled gently at the girl who had answered, she knew exactly what she meant, when she had come to Hogwarts she didn’t know why she had been sorted into Gryffindor, and still was trying to figure it out; although she was really loyal to her friends, the thing there was that she wasn’t that good on the ‘making friend’ department.

“you know, you don’t have to live up to anything but your own expectations, so don’t worry, I’ve heard Harry Potter didn’t think much of himself.” She finally said with a reassuring smile.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 19:20

Jasmeet watched as the students on the Gryffindor table talked to each other animatedly, and she smiled. Watching all those students in the same place, she had been made her happy - all the excitement and the laughter was exactly what she had felt this time last year.

She was seated on the side, and looked back as she heard a slight Hello from behind her.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 22:46

Victoria yawned and stretched. She was so tired! She glanced up at the Headmistress and then noticed that some of the students were leaving.

She smiled sleepily and stood up. "It was nice meeting you all! I hope to see you tomorrow! But I'm off to bed!" she exclaimed and followed some of the other Gryffindor's out of the Great Hall.

Tomorrow she would register for classes and begin reading her school books! She decided to hold off on writing her father until morning as well. She was so excited!

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 23:33

Sophia was busy scrutinizing her fellow house members. It seemed like Jasmoot was extremely friendly to others. She hoped that the girl wouldn't say that whatever they love most is toxic.

Her sorting had turned out well! She had been dreading the possibility of being sorted into Ravenclaw. She hopped she'd live up to the Gryffindor name.

Sophia broke into smile and nudged the person who was next to her. She pointed to Nearly Headless Nick, "I wonder if he will show us why he got the name he did."

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 23:38

Gryffindor. Well, Kevin hadn't exactly expected to be sorted into the house of the brave and valiant (or judgemental hotheads as his uncle Joshua had said), but he didn't mind it one bit. His dad would be proud at least - he'd been a Gryff himself.

Looking at the mounds of food with wide eyes and an even wider grin, he started dishing his plate with everything except vegeteables (even thought his mom would probably point out potatoes were a sort of vegeteables too) and started gnawing on a chicken leg with as much decorum as an eleven year feeling quite hungry after a long train ride possibly could have. Which was to say, none at all.

"Whu?" he said, as someone sitting next to him nudged him in the ribs. With a wide smile he noticed it was Sophia - his favourite toothpaste girl. Looking past her finger to see the House ghost floating around, greeting the new first years, he shrugged. "Perhaps he was a bit daft in his life - my mom always says I'm going to forget my head too one time."

Post by Guest Wed 08 Sep 2010, 23:47

Lucian didn't really know what to think of his Sorting. He supposed he was proud to be sorted in the house of the brave--plus his grandfather had been a Gryffindor--but Lou didn't know if he was terribly courageous. His mum often said there was a thin line between bravery and stupidity and Lou was self-aware enough to realize he often toed the line.

Nevertheless, he supposed he'd fit in fine--most first years seemed to be a lot alike, anyway. With a satisfied sigh, Lucian chomped down on a piece of chicken, eyes gleaming as he took in all the food on the table. Yeah! He could eat what he wanted without his parents nagging about having to drink milk or have fruit or whatever. Not to mention that he hadn't had chips in years because his mum was a bit of a health nut.

Two people opposite of him started chatting about the house ghost sitting a few seats down. It took Lucian only a split second to place where he'd seen them before and what their names were--he'd always had the rather uncanny ability to remember people. "Eh, it's you two from the train! Sophia and Kevin, pleased to meet you again." How interesting that the three of them had ended up in Gryffindor!

He nodded in and empathising matter when Kevin quipped about his mother. "So does mine! My papa says that he--" Luc pointed at the ghost "--met the wrong end of an axe. How rad is that?"

Post by Guest Thu 09 Sep 2010, 00:08

Kevin had a funny feeling in his stomach as he noticed Lucian sitting opposite him - perhaps it was telling him that the two people he'd talked most with on the train, were the exact same people he was now sitting with at the table was fate. Or perhaps it was simply indigestion because he was eating rather fast.

No matter.

"The wrong end of an axe, seriously?" he asked, eyes wide as he looked at the ghost with new eyes. "I didn't even know an axe could have a wrong end," he commented, taking an absent bite of mashed potatoes. "How does that explain the nearly headless thing, though?"

Post by Guest Thu 09 Sep 2010, 00:10

Wow, the two people that had accompanied her through most of the journey to Hogwarts on Hogwarts Express were both in Gryffindor andt was almost too good to be true. Embarrassment and guilt suddenly clenched her heart. She honestly hadn't seen Lucian right in front of her and Kevin.

"Lucian! Finally you speak!" It was a way for Sophia to cover it up and dearly hoped that Lucian bought it. "Yes, very rad."

Happy and content, Sophia began to pile up food on her plate. Turkey legs she avoided, the dryness of the meat always turned her off from it. She chose mostly sweets and desserts.

Post by Guest Thu 09 Sep 2010, 00:20

"Of course an axe has a wrong end! Would you rather be hit with the wooden side or the sharp, wide side that's bound to slice off anything it comes in contact with." In fact, Luc thought everything and everyone had a right and wrong end, aside from the obvious... For example, people wouldn't want to get on his bad side--he knew some mean gossip and could dig up pretty much anything, he was convinced. Of course, he wasn't sure why he'd do that to anyone--they'd have to do something extremely serious, like steal the last piece of lemon pie from under his aching nose.

Swallowing another bite of chicken, Lou explained, "Well, someone wanted him dead and apparently they succeeded. Or he just walked into a very sharp fence! I dunno. Hey, are you excited for classes? I wanna go flying. I'm sad we can't have brooms."

Post by Guest Thu 09 Sep 2010, 00:31

"Well, I dunno. If the bloke hitting you with the wooden end has got a mean aim, it could kill you too, y'know," Kevin explained sensibly. He'd seen it on television - some movie where a bloke got hit over the head with a bat and dropped dead to the floor. Mom had been horrified his dad even let him watch the movie, but Kevin was a big boy. He knew it was all fake.

"Huh," Kevin said. It was all very intriguing - why would anyone want to see someone else dead in the first place? Kevin shrugged and grinned as Luc brought up the subject of Quidditch. "I can't wait for flying classes! And Herbology. Yeah, I heard the school brooms are really awful - Josh said something about snails being able to move faster. D'you wanna play Quidditch too in second year?"

Post by Guest Thu 09 Sep 2010, 00:48

Anna was still sitting at the Gryffindor table, listening to everyones conversation.
    "Hello guys, i'm Anna." Said Anna, looking at the three people she had not spoken to yet. "How do you guys feel about being sorted into Gryffindor? I guess i'm here because i'm brave and somewhat strong, but i don't really know"

Post by Guest Thu 09 Sep 2010, 01:08

Lucian tilted his head slightly at the mention of Herbology--he frequently 'helped' his parents in their garden when it was nice out and he had always rather liked it. "Herbology sounds nice," he agreed, before moving back to Quidditch. "Oooo yes I absolutely want to play! That sucks about the brooms though. I suppose it's so we don't fly off, right?" Or the school was poor. Either sounded plausible.

Just then another girl spoke up. Luc waved a bit, putting down the heavy golden cup he'd just taken a drink from. "Anna? I'm Lucian. Isn't Gryffindor brilliant? I think I'm brave. I'm not afraid of spiders like my cousin. She gets mad when she sees one and I get rid of them. Are you scared of spiders?"

Because that was evidently a perfect measure of bravery.

Post by Guest Thu 09 Sep 2010, 02:33

"Nice to meet you Lucian. No, i'm not afraid of spiders, but i am scared of tornadoes. I've never been in the path of one, but they make me freak out when i hear about one." Anna replied honestly.

Post by Guest Thu 09 Sep 2010, 03:05

"Tornadoes?" Lucian didn't think there were any tornadoes in Scotland, and if there were he had sure never heard about them. Then again, it wasn't like he paid attention to the news. There was Quidditch to be played and backyards to be conquered and spiders to be defeated. "Well, I suppose being afraid of tornadoes isn't too bad. I mean, they can be dangerous. Well, to muggles. We're wizards!" Surely there were spells to stop forces of nature. Lucian would have to owl his mum about it.

"If I had to be afraid of something I'd probably be afraid of Basilisks, those nasty snakes. It's so mean to just kill someone by looking them in the eye! Though it's also kinda cool. I mean you look and bam! Dead." That would be totally awesome when fighting dark wizards, but then Luc thought he'd never be able to look his friends in the eye again and that made him sort of sad.

Post by Guest Thu 09 Sep 2010, 04:13

"Yes, but my dad is a muggle. I worry about him being hurt by a tornado if my mom, who's a witch, isn't with him." Anna replied.
    Anna really missed her family, but she was looking forward to her first year at Hogwarts.

"Basilisks are awesome! But i'd never want to see one in person. I don't think i could resist looking it in the eye." She said laughing.

Post by Guest Mon 13 Sep 2010, 18:28

Elisabeth quietly listened to the conversation going on between her fellow first year Gryffindors. A lot of rather interesting topis came up, she heard, but she didn't really dare to speak up, and join into any conversation. She felt unbelievably nervouse to be there at Hogwarts, and to be sorted into Gryffindor. Sooner or later she would get her speech back, she hoped. When she had gotten over the initial shock, maybe.

Elisabeth slowly let her eyes wander over the high magical ceiling, before lowering them again. She finally took a bite of her sandwich, and continued listening to the conversations that existed between the others. A lot of very nice and interesting people appeared to be sorted in Gryffindor this year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 21:38