Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfigurations Help

Transfigurations Help - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfigurations Help

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 05:39

(A/N, I think it is a metaphore, I come up with a lot of random ones)

Theresa nodded "yep, in other words, really stupid" she said before she desided to explain. "See, a dragon can fly so how would a dragon get lost in a forest with short trees when it can just fly?" she asked. "The answer is that it is so brain dead that it didn't realise it could fly, like those girls, no brain cells" she said.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 05:43

"I get it now! Like talk about finally!" Alex said in a cheery voice.

i cannot find anything in these books!" she said in a frustrated tone after a while. "I mean I know the Black family disown the squibs of their family. But not even a name? That is just too weird!"

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 05:50

Theresa smiled "Yeah, I guess I come up with the weirdest things but I do like that one" she said as she remembered the day she had made it up, it annoyed her sister to no end.

She nodded before she looked at the book "what is it your are looking for exactly?" she asked as she looked at the page.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 05:52

"see, its a sorta long story. For that I am going to have to tell you my entire background. You think you are up for a long highly boring story? choose carefully." Alex replied as she looked up another book on the Noble House of Blacks.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 06:22

Theresa laughed as she looked up and pretended to think about it. She nodded as she closed the book she was reading. "Alright then, no such thing as a boring story, unless it is told by a drowning Professor or something" she said. She leaned back in the chair as she waited.
    Amy Mitchell
    Amy Mitchell
    Headmistress
    Headmistress

Transfigurations Help - Page 3 Trans

Post by Amy Mitchell Fri 20 Aug 2010, 08:32

Hello girls,

I'm glad that you are bonding over Transfiguration, but make sure that your posts are at least 50 words. Thank you,

-Professor Mitchell

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 21:50

Tristyn was having a very good time listening to the girls description of him. Typical of eleven year olds, they had completely failed to notice their surroundings before shooting their mouths off, not even thinking that the Professor might be around, checking out some books for his personal study.

Ah well, he had a feeling this conversation wouldn't bode well for the two young witches. Especially with the Charms finals looming so near. But then again, he could be wrong.

Staying hidden behind the shelf he had been browsing before the two ladies had came in, the wizard continued listening. It would be a shame to interrupt them when things were just getting good.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 22:00

"No well mine is!" Alex said with a shrug.

"Its nothing spectacular really, its just that one day I was practicing Quidditch with Reina, she commented, casually of course, that I looked like a Black. So replied, like, I was a muggle born for all she knew. I mean, she is a potential brain girl right? I mean, Ravenclaw. To which, she replied like, even if I was a muggle born, I would be a long lost relation or something of the Blacks. Read, disowned squib. My 'apparent' great raised to the power of something, grand pa. So I got curious, and...... Here I am." Alex explained, gesturing to her books. She hummed a song as she waited for Theresa to react.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 01:55

"Cool, so that's why your looking up stuff on the Black family, it would be interesting to learn things about family" Theresa said. "Potential brain girl? I guess so, Ravenclaws are, it kind of sounds like a muggle superhero or something" she joked. "Have you actually found anything?" she asked curiously.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 14:14

"Yup! Some Ravenclaws I have observed remind of Batman. The DC comics one, DEFINITELY not the movie one." Alex added, some of them really did, and Reina sure did fit the category.

"As for finding out anything. Well, I will just say that Black family sounds really.......um....dark? Anyways, all I know is that they like to disown a lot of people, making it in a way, more believable that I am related, but the fact remains that I am not! I mean, even if there is a squib in my completely unknown family history, then I have no way of proving it so.......Ignorance is bliss?"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 14:20

Theresa giggled at what she said about Ravenclaws and batman, it was a funny image to compare them.
    "If a lot of family members are usually disowned then cant you try and trace back your family tree and if there are any gaps in it, say a great aunty had no record of a family or something then there is a pretty good chance that she will be a Black" she suggested.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 14:29

Alex glanced blankly at the girl. "Theresa, I do not have blood realted great aunts." She replied slowly. Then shrugging, she added,

"I am adopted, not out of an adoption center, where maybe i could get some info about who left me. But no, I was found in alley. So, I really cannot trace it back that way. Only resort." she added cheerily, pointing to the books and getting one out. this one looked a bit promising, at least it was written after 2000.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 14:30

Lauren wandered into the library and saw that Resa was there talking to a girl that she hadn't met yet. Surprisingly so, because she had had classes with the girl.

"Hey." Lauren said as she took a seat next to Theresa. Lauren then looked at the girl. "Hi, I'm Lauren Potter. I don't believe we've officially met. I'm a Gryffindor." Lauren wanted to introduce herself, as did not know how much this girl knew about her already.

"Are you Alexandria Black or Alexandra Black? I always get so confused!" Lauren asked the girl.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 14:33

"I am Alexandria, Alexandra with an extra 'i' making my parents dream of making the perfect girl, seem a bit closer. And you are......" Alex paused as she studied the pattern on the ceiling, her brows furrowed as she tried to remember the girl's name.

"Something Potter, right? I believe we have got one or two classes together, but I cannot be sure, I...generally prefer to sleep during classes." she answered, carefully avoiding Theresa's eye.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 14:36

Lauren smiled, "Lauren Potter." She told the girl. She seemed nice. "I think you and I are beaters together on the Quidditch team! I actually applied to be a chaser or a keeper but I'm a beater instead. Funny that. But I suppose it's better to be on the team, than to not be!" Lauren said, trying to remain positive about that fact. She had never practiced as a beater.

"Do you own a broom? Or will we have to borrow? I'm not sure!"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 14:36

"Oh sorry" Theresa said, shaking her head, what was she thinking, the girl couldn't get information. She looked up and smiled "hey Tiny brain" she said ceerdully when she saw Lauren walk over to them.
    She smiled at Alexandria when she mentioned the sleeping thing. "Cool, I have so got to try that some time" she said.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 14:40

"History of Magic is the best for that! And you do not have to be sorry, I have parents and a really cool family!!" Alex said, smiling at Theresa.

Then turning to Lauren with a horrified look, she asked, "You do know how to play as beater right? Because I do not, I wanted to be seeker but.....Our teams DOOMED!! By the way, why do not you join me for practice, we will have to check co-ordination between us, right? Its our only hope after all! To train! But I still believe, somethings better than nothing."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 14:44

Lauren nodded, "Well.. I don't really know how to play beater, but I know the principles, so I think we'll be alright. I'm sure it's not too hard. 'See a bludger, hit it away to an opposing team member!'' Lauren smiled, wondering how bad it would be for a team to have two members on it that had never played beater before.

"I would love to practice with you sometime though, considering that the match is a week away! I really hope I don't fall off of my broom!" Lauren said this, smiling at Theresa, "Resa will march me to Professor Lewis and demand that I quit otherwise!"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 14:48

Theresa nodded "of course I will, brooms are scary and being that high is unatural" she said.
    She laughed at what Alexandria said "and here I thought Charms would be the best option although, with Professor Malfoy, I would probably get a detention of torture if he caught me sleeping in his lesson" she joked, shaking her head at the thought.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 14:50

"I swear it will be so weird! But it is just a friendly match, after all. You can join us, Sandy, Reina and I practice at the pitch. They are helping me get my aim right. Actually, the aim comes later, I have to first get acquainted with a hold a bat, and make it alive from a spar between me and the bludger. You know, first I had hoped that i would just keep away from the bludger and let you do the real beating but now...." Alex trailed off as she made a gesture of comic despair.

"yeah! But I have never tried to sleep in Charms, but its a good idea, I will try it next time. I doubt so, you know, considering that in his last class there had been a lot of sleeping." Alex replied, looking thoughtful.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 14:54

Lauren listened to the girl speak... She really did like to speak it seemed. That was a good thing though.

"Okay. Sure. I'll go down sometime and practice my beating skills. I'm not very good. I think I'll need all the practice I can get."

Lauren looked shocked, "I would never sleep in charms. I think that is my favourite subject here! I really like Professor Malfoy. He seems to know what he is talking about, which is something I really admire in a teacher. I wasn't even upset when he gave us that gross detention!"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 14:58

Alex considered Lauren's words carefully, as she replied, "Okay I will give him points about knowing the subject, and the discussion was pretty interesting but that does not change the fact that he is sadist and I would hate to meet him outside class. Yes, but his classes are interesting, except for the tests, now those sucked bad! I at least passed though, and scored higher than I expected, which reminds me, I have to check up on Everlasting charms." Alex answered, sighing at the thought of more research.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:01

Theresa rolled her eyes "alright, as much as it pains me and I mean tortures me to say it. I admit that he may be an alright tteacher at charms but thats it" she said. "Meeting him outside of classes is just creepy, he is horrid" she said. Of course Lauren would like any staff that was here. It was best if they just got off the subject, she hated talking about teachers and good things at the same time, it ruined it. "I could so see something bad happening during quidditch" she said.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:04

"Do NOT say that! You will jinx it! I am playing, I am klutzy and I am muggle born. 'nuff said." Alex said, cross checking her notes. Then getting a twinkle in her eyes, she added,

"I mean Theresa Cotgrave! Young lady, you ought know better than to scare poor little me!" Alex said, waving her finger at Theresa, in her mother's 'scolding' voice.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:06

Lauren laughed. "Good. I'm glad that I have been able to let you see the good in Professor Malfoy!"

Lauren turned to Resa after her comment. "Oh yes! Me too... It will probably involve me falling off my broom or hitting the bludger and instead of it making contact with my bat, it'll make contact with my face!" Lauren put her hand to her forehead once more, and thought that her brain couldn't handle anymore damage. That tree hurt!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 04:55