Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfigurations Help

Transfigurations Help - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfigurations Help

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:08

Theresa laughed "I don't mean to be a jinx, anyway, I am a natural jinx so that is one of the reasons I am straying away from any quidditch matches" she said.

She turned to Lauren "that would be the type of thing you would do" she said, grinning as she thought about it. She laughed more when Lauren rubbed her head "still hurting from before then tiny brain?" she asked teasingly.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:12

Lauren grinned. "You're not even coming to watch me play, Resa?' Lauren asked her friend. "Some best friend, you are!" She said, playfully.

"Actually, It's probably better that you don't come. You are a beacon for trouble! Whenever I'm around you and you're doing something dangerous or making trouble... I always seem to get caught. Perhaps I'm the jinx not you!"

Lauren took her hand away from her head, "Yes. I did give that tree a mighty wack with my head. I guess I don't know my own strength!" Lauren stopped and thought for a minute. "Hey! No more tiny brain comments!"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:14

"Our team is definitely lucky. both of their beaters have a problem with getting their balance right, I know I do!" Alex said, shuddering at the many times she had tripped in this damn library.

"Another book and nothing sounds reasonably matching. It seems as if I am on a wild goose chase. No names, No pictures, No method of identifying. I do not know how I will figure it out. Truth be told, I am not even sure why I am doing this, I do not care about these people. Definitely not!" Alex mused, looking at the picture of a family tree in the book.

"just how did you...bang up the tree?"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:16

Theresa nearly fell out of her chair with laughter at Lauren's little outburst at the end before pretending to be insulted. "I am so nothing to do with trouble, lots of people always think I am a trouble maker, all I do is interesting stuff and trouble or danger seems to find me, not my fault" she said, grinning as she shrugged.
    "I wont be watching you play, I cant stand watching people on brooms" she said, shuddering at the thought.

She grinned before turning to Alexandria "she was walking with ehr eyes closed and walked right into it" she said, laughing again.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:19

"Not a natural klut- OW!" Alex was cut short by her little fall. She had gotten up to return the books back up their respective shelves when she tripped hard over someone's bag. Squeezing her eyes shut, she got up carefully, rubbing her nose, which felt a little swollen to her but was alright otherwise.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:23

Theresa nodded as she read the book in front of her. She looked up at Alexandria, surprised when she heard her sudden arupt stop. "Oh goodness, are you alright?" she asked when she realised that the girl had tripped over something. She leaned forward and saw a bag next to her.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:27

Lauren leaned forward to see Alex trip over. "Hey, are you alright?" She asked the girl. "Wow! I thought I was the clumsy one!" Lauren laughed and then stopped, "Sorry, if I offended you! I didn't mean to!" Lauren told the girl, hoping that she wasn't mad that she called her clumsy.

"Did you hurt yourself. I have a great spell that can heal you, if you need it. I want to be a healer when I graduate from here!"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:29

"Nah I am fine!" Alex said, gingerly touching her nose, and after finding it to be fine, she gave a forceful shake of her head. So forceful that her bounced around. " I am used to it." she replied cheerfully.

"And Clumsy would be an understatement. You want to be a healer, thats cool! 'least you know what you want to do later! Just a question, whose bag is this?" she asked, picking up the bag higher, so they could see it.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:36

Lauren blushed. 'Oh! I'm so sorry! Is that what you tripped on!?" Lauren said as she stood and took the bag from Alex's hand. "I'm really really sorry. My mum is always telling me to put things out of the way, so that people don't trip on them and here I am, making the walkways of the library a walking hazard!" Lauren blushed harder, as she sat down once more, putting her stupid backpack under her chair, away from other people.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:38

Theresa looked at the bag, it seemed familiar. She turned to Lauren when she suddenly talk it and started rambeling. She grinned, she had never actually seen Lauren blush before and this was the girl who danced like a monkey by the lake and screeched at people.
    She snickered as she looked back down at the book she was reading.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:40

"Do we have a prototype mom somewhere on this Earth? I mean thats what my mom says. Always. Like seriously all the time. that and my room is so messy, why I get called to the principals office every 5 weeks and why do I still insist on playing it rough with the boys in my neighborhood." Alex said.

Noticing the poor girls blush, she added, "I would have tripped anyways also, no worries!"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:44

Lauren grinned, glad that the Hufflepuff wasn't mad at her. "Perhaps all the mum's of the world go to the same classes and learn all of the same things. Like washing your mouth out with scorfigy when you swear and other things like that."

Lauren laughed at the idea of all the billions of mothers getting together to discuss the role of parenting.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 15:51

Theresa snorted when she heard about the meetings, it would explain a lot between what she had heard about mothers. "That would be a fun meeting to attend" she said sarcastically. She actually wondered if all mothers were like that, it would be kind of creepy about how they all knew the same stuff.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:00

Alex shook her head, "I guess I have it lighter than you in one aspect, my mom is 100% certified muggle, she cannot scourgify my mouth but she has....much creative punishments. Like the time she banned me from eating chocolate for a week for saying 'shit'. I know! CHOCOLATE!!! i mean, how could she? But my dad is pretty cool. He gets me out of most stuff. And when he cannot, he finds a way to smuggle 'banned' stuff to me." Alex added in, her eyes shining.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:04

Lauren laughed but didn't understand the chocolate punishment. For Lauren, it would be the opposite.

"I don't really know how if feels to have chocolate as a ban. I'm allergic to the stuff." Lauren's throat swelled up when she came in contact with chocolate

"But I suppose I can empathize with you. If my parents banned something like sugar sticks, I would be heart-broken!

(OOC: I really am allergic to chocolate! People are often very surprised about that)

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:09

Theresa looked at Lauren, horror struck. "Banning sugar sticks? what kind of monster would do that?" she asked dramatically. She remembered when Shelby and Hilary tried to stop her from having sugar sticks for a few days because it made her too crazy and hyped up, it was torture. "I would hate to be banned from chocolate but at least your father snuck you some right" she said.

(A/N I have heard of that, is it chocolate or the actual cocoa bean you are alergic to?)

Last edited by Theresa Cotgrave on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:51; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:22

Lauren laughed. "I was a good girl at home, Resa! I never did anything bad enough for a banning! So I was allowed my sugar sticks. I bet you had your fair share of groundings and bans?" Lauren asked her trouble making friend. "I bet you gave your parents hell!"

Lauren laughed at the idea of a five year old Resa causing trouble. It was a cute image.

(OOC: Yeah. I think it is... Though white chocolate does the same, and there's no cocoa in that... I don't really know!)

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:28

"Hey!" Theresa said in a very indignified way. "I am a good girl at home, I have never been banned anything and I havent been grounded since..." she said, stopping as she thought. "Since I was seven and I stole my dad's broomstick so I could go hunting for magical creatures" she said, crossing her arms at the insult.
    "Anyway, it was a shame I live in a muggle area, no dragons or any magical creatures there anyway" she said.
    "I was well behaved for my father thank you" she said, sticking her tongue out at her friend.

(A/N strange, never heard of that one before)

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:54

Lauren laughed, "That sounds so like you, to steal your fathers broom in search of dangerous creatures!" Lauren tilted her head, trying to remember if she did anything so bold. She couldn't think of anything.

Lauren looked down at the book Resa had in front of her. "What are you reading?" She asked her friend. Lauren really should be doing some study seeing as though she is in the library. She hoped that her discussions with the two girls wasn't distracting the other students trying to study.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:01

Theresa grinned as she rolled her eyes "I am not that obsessed about dangerous creatures you know" she said. She looked down at the book she was reading and blushed. "It's 'Dragon Sprecies of Great Britain and Ireland' she said. She quickly looked up at Logan "but I was reading about Transfigurations before I opened this" she said quickly.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:03

Lauren laughed, "Sure, sure. I so believe you!" Lauren looked around to see what section of the library they were in. It seems to be the transfiguration section. Brilliant. She was really struggling in that subject.

"I suppose I should find a book to study with. I really need to do some! I fear the exam will be very hard and I don't think I'll pass!"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:07

"I have the same problem, which reminds me that I better get back to the right books" Theresa said. She closed the book she was reading and went to put it away in the magical creatures section. She skipped back over to the table they were sitting at and sat down. Sighing, she grabbed one of the books she was reading previously and opened it to the right page. She was never going to understand any of this observation stuff.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 18:10

Alex smiled at the banter between the two friends. They both seem real close! She thought about how, in Hogwarts, she really had no 'special' friend. Hell, she did not have any friends till about the middle of the year.

Alex had, whenever she was bored, wondered what the reason for this was. It was not like I am shy! I talk a lot! Randomly!

Sighing, she added in, "Well maybe I could help you guys a bit? Its not exactly the pro in transfiguration but I can imagine the stuff alright."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 18:17

"Cool, that's lucky, I can never imagine the stuff for the lesson" Theresa said. She remembered when she had to do it for the box and it ended up smaller then it was suppose to be. "Maybe I just don't have a good imagination" she said with a shrug. "It would be great to get some help though" she said cheerfully.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 18:20

"its nothing to do with my imagination. I just........find ways to make it easier than it was actually supposed to be. Like, in that box lesson. Instead of visualizing a standard wooden box, I imagined it as a matchstick box. A box shaped like a matchstick. Easier, right?" Alex asked as she remembered the day in question. She had just seen a larger matchstick, just with a latch, in her head and Bingo!

[Thanks! I will check it!]

Last edited by Alexandria Black on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 18:24; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 09:02