Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Studying for Finals

Studying for Finals Empty Studying for Finals

Post by Guest Mon 23 Aug 2010, 23:46

Hilary couldn't believe how quickly finals had snuck up on them. It seemed like they should still be weeks away, instead of just about a week. She mentally kicked herself for not thinking to start studying sooner.

She laid all of her notes and books out on the table around her. Where should she start? There was so much information that she would need to know.

She decided to start with Transfiguration. That was the subject she was having the most trouble with, so she could probably use the extra time to get it all down. She pulled her notes toward her and started reading.

Studying for Finals Empty Re: Studying for Finals

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 11:08

Harmony peered around the plants section happily, skimming her fingers over the titles of books she had read and not read, eager to check some out. She noticed Hilary sitting at a table, books and papers everywhere on the table top.

"What's up Hilary?" Harmony asked, coming up behind her. "It looks like you're doing a massive cramming session."

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 11:11

Hilary glanced up. She hadn't expected anyone to really be around, but she wasn't overly surprised when she saw Harmony standing by her.

"Hey," she said, with a smile. "Not so much cramming as trying to understand everything." She glanced around at the mess that had grown around her. "In a very messy fashion, clearly."

"How do you think you'll do on your finals?" she asked.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 11:27

Harmony sat down at the table littered with study materials.

"Well," she began. "I've almost got Herbology completed, and I'm working on my DADA. I think I'll do well in those subjects. For Charms, well, I'm working on that as well. Transfiguration and Astronomy, nor Potions finals are up yet, but I'll have to see how I do on those as well. So, all in all, I really have no idea. Do you have something you're struggling with particularly?"

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 11:32

Hilary glanced over her notes.

"Right now, I'm just trying to figure out transfiguration," she said, flipping a couple of pages in her book. "I'm doing fairly well in that class, but it just doesn't make much sense to me. I don't understand the processes I guess."

She didn't know what it was about that class that always left her completely stumped, even after she had completed the assigned work.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 11:34

Harmony looked over the notes she had in front of her, nodding her head.

"I'll help in any way I can too," she offered. "I think I'm doing fairly well in that class, and I can explain anything you need to be explained the best way I can. I can't promise it'll be teacher worthy, but I'll do my best."

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 12:51

"If you can explain to me why we can do things like transfiguration, or how we can actually morph frogs into pepper shakes, you will be my hero," she said, honestly. "Because it just doesn't make sense to me. I don't understand how it works."

She realized this was probably a question better suited for their professor than another student.

Post by Guest Fri 27 Aug 2010, 20:21

Harmony thought about it for a bit, before finally shrugging.

"I guess it's just used to teach the art of Transfiguration. It shows us how we can transfigure things to our design I suppose." She remarked, thinking about it some more. "The way I figure, you do it well, you pass. And that's all good in my book."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 04:38