Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Studying by the lake

Studying by the lake Empty Studying by the lake

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 00:32

Alex walked out side with some textbooks it was too nice to study inside and she made up her mind to come to the lake as it was warm and brgiht. She sat down on the grass and put the books down that she had brought with her. She picked up her transfiguration textbook and opened it up at the page she had been reading. She still couldn't believe that it was final time already. She decide she would look over herbology next then ptotions as she found both these classes were her strongest points and then she could focus on her other classes.

Studying by the lake Empty Re: Studying by the lake

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 00:38

"Hi Sandy!" Alex cried enthusiastically, immediately put in a good mood by the unexpected good luck she had experienced. "I cam to study! mind if I join you?"

She had been, as professor had 'suggested' heading for the Library but seeing Sandy and studying out was waaaaaaay better.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 02:56

"hey andy pandy" she smiled up at her. "sure you can join me. I saw you on my way down talking to professor Malfoy but I didn't want to come over seeing as he was there too" she said too her friend. Professor Malfoy scraed her a little. "what subject's your worst? maybe we can help each other a bit" she said to her.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 03:24

Alex thought for a moment before answering,

"yes, well I called him a sadist and he gave me a hundred word essay, almost charitable on his part. And as for the subjects I am not that good at, I would have to say History of Magic and Transfiguration." Alex said as she plopped down on the grass.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 03:28

" I am really bad at transifguration too though I am improving at least a bit" she grinned. "history of magic is one of my okay subject but no where near my best." she replyed. "that was very nice of him at least you didn't loose points or get a detition! what was he talking to you about anyway?" she asked her.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 03:36

"I was sitting around the Lake and he came up to me and told me that I should study, at first, I did not recognize who it was, so I spoke to him like I would speak to any other student, accidentally calling him a sadist. He was.....almost nice about. Like you said, at least I got no detention or a loss of house points!" Alex said, rummaging around her bag for her transfiguration notes.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 03:40

Alex chuckled slightly at her friend. "he can't expect us all to study every single minute of every single hour of every single day!" she said to Alex "I mean if we don't take breaks then how are we supposed to rember the information?" she asked. Looking back to her transfiguration book. "right where should we start?" she asked alexandria.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 03:43

"From the beginning? I hear that is a good place to start." Alex said as she winked at Sandy. "What are your worst subjects Sandy? I told you mine, it is only fair I get to know yours. And don't you dare say Potions!"

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 03:46

" transiguration is one of my worst I'm quite bad at defense against the dark arts. Herbology and potions are probably my strongest too and hisoty of magic and astronamy fall somewhere in the middle." she smiled. "yes the begining is always a good place to start" she grinne over to Alex.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 03:51

"I don't take Defense Against the Dark Arts. how is it?" Alex asked as she finally managed to find her transfiguration notes. "So the beginning, meaning the first lesson was turning a needle into a matchstick." Alex said, fishing out a matchbox from her bag.

"Here, you go first!"

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 03:55

"defense is okay are you going to take it next year?" she asked her friend. "right turning a match into a matchstick and I can't remebr the incantation!" she said "do you?" she asked Alexandria. "if we can't remmber that then we are idiot's" she laughed. "i told you transfiguration was my worst subject!"

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 04:00

Alex looked over to the Ravenclaw girl in shock. "You....do not?" she echoed in a horrified voice.

"Well, neither do I! I also told you, I suck at transfiguration, why do you think I asked you to go first? Obviously, because I do not know how to!"

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 04:11

Samantha made her way to the lake, Transfiguration Today clutched tightly in her arms. She had tried to study in the library but the day had been too nice out. Plus, her satchel needed some fresh air.

Seeing her favorite spot near the lake taken by Alexandria and Alexandra, she waved. "Hello, mind if I join?" she asked, nodding to her own textbook.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 04:13

"Absolutely NOT!" Alex said, waving to the girl, inviting her to join them. "Hey Sam! By the way, do you know the incantations of transfiguration?" she added, sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck. "'Cause, Sandy and I cannot remember them."

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 04:22

Samantha smiled at Alexandria's yell. She was getting used to the girl's odd way of talking.

"Uh... which one, we've learned several incantations in that class," the girl asked, confused by the question. She took a seat next to the Hufflepuff, setting her satchel down behind herself. Moments later, she felt it crumple as though it had just been emptied. She smiled.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 04:25

Alex shrugged as she answered, "How about we start from the first?"

She took out another matchbox out of her bag and set it down in the middle, "Please start! I mean, we will be watching, observing and taking notes!" she added, cheerily.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 04:39

"Uh... alright," the witch set the book down on her lap and got out her wand.

Taking careful aim at Alexandria's matchstick, she closed her eyes, concentrating on what she wanted. "Immuto Acus," she whispered under her breath, imagining the brown stick turning silver and the knub turning sharp and pointed. She flicked her wand in an anti clockwise motion and opened her eyes to see the Hufflepuff now holding a silvery needle.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 04:52

Alex was still trying hhard to rember the incantation when she noticed Samantha changing the match into a needle. "hey samantha" she greeted the slytherin girl. "you're a life saver" she smiled at her. The way thing were going for her at the moment she knew that it would come up in the test. "do you remember the others too? I'm really bad at transfiguration!"

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 04:54

'Yes! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease write them down for us! I will eternally serve you or whatever! Please, Please,Please,Please,Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Alex added in, almost begging the Slytherin girl.

Say yes! Say yes! Say yes! Say yes! Say yes! Say yes!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 04:57

"Um, yes, I do. I took notes," the girl blushed, putting down her wand. "Alexandria, I'm afraid you're stuck with that needle, I don't know how to change it back," the dark haired witch confessed.

Turning back to her book, she carefully marked page 912. "I'd be happy to help," she assured both girls with a smile.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 05:00

"Who cares? After all, needles fetch more when you sell them!" Alex answered brightly.

"Oh and thanks for the help! We realllllllllllly appreciate it! Well, I really do, cannot speak for Sandy!" Alex said as she watched the book the quite Slytherin girl carefully marked and put it away.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 05:06

"thank you thank you thank you" she squeled so glad she might not fail transfiguration. "yeah andy pandy's right we 'really appreciate you're help" she smiled at her. Watching as the girl folded down the corner of the page and closed her book. "by the way do you know if we have to do a prctical and a theory test?" she asked Samantha.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 05:26

"Well, I think there's only practical for this subject," the girl replied hesitantly. "And here, I'll make you a list of spells and wand movements we studied," the witch offered, getting out a quill and some fresh parchment. A few minutes later, she handed the piece of paper to the girl beside her.

Transfiguration:

Lesson One: Matchstick into needle - Immuto Acus (im-mute-toe ah-cis)./ clock-wise circle and flick

Lesson Three: Match into wooden box - Immuto Arbor (im-mute-toe are-bore)/ clock-wise circle and flick

Lesson Five: Pillow into Feather – Aliquantulus (al-ee-quan-tul-us)/ anticlockwise (counter-clockwise) circle and flick.

Lesson Six: Snail into thimble - Inanimus coclea/ swish, swish, flick

Leson Seven: Frog into Pepper Shaker - Inanimus rana (in-an-i-mis ray-nah)/ swish, swish, flick

Post by Guest Thu 26 Aug 2010, 23:09

Alex looked at the notes then back at Samantha in awe. "Would you like to partner up for History of Magic essay? I mean I know, you do not need the help, but you can make me pass! please say yes! please! please! please! please! please! please! please! please!" Alex asked hopefully, though she knew there were very slim chances of the Slytherin girl to accept.

Post by Guest Thu 26 Aug 2010, 23:28

Samantha looked guiltily at the Hufflepuf witch.

"Alexandria... I'm so sorry but I already have a partner..." she said softly, averting her eyes from the other girl. "I would love to help, really, but..." she shrugged, not sure what to say.

"But I'll be glad to help you even if we're not partners," she added helpfully.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 May 2024, 02:50