Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Beanbag Pit

The Beanbag Pit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beanbag Pit

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 08:49

Theresa turned the page as she continued to read, the more she read, the more she knew that she had to get close to a Hippogriff one day. Someone suddenly shouted and jumped in front of her, scaring her. She screamed as she quickly looked up, only to see Hilary through narrowed eyes.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 08:56

Hilary couldn't help but laugh at her friend's reaction. She wasn't sure how many times she had done this to Resa now, but she did know that it never got old. Her reaction was just too good.

"And now that we've gotten that out of the way," she said, with a smile, as she sat down in one of the beanbags. "What's new?"

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 09:01

Theresa glared at Hilary as she sat down "I so hate you right now, trying to give me a bloody heart attak" she said, shaking her head as she closed her book. "This girl, Alex, I met her in the library and she gave me an idea about a strike for the lake, it was kind of cool" she said before grinning. "She called me an animal rights activist, I so love it" she said cheerfully. "What about you?" she asked.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 09:32

"A strike might be a really good idea," Hilary mused, considering the idea. "As long as it doesn't end up getting us in more trouble, I'm in. I think I'm out of strikes on the getting-in-trouble front."

"Nothing too much." She paused, picking at a loose thread on one of the chairs. "Reading in the library and getting my homework done. And observing the lake with everyone else."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 09:41

"Something small for the strike, I don't want to get more people in trouble because I cant follow rules" Theresa said.

"Same thing then, I havent done much homework though, been reading most of the day" she said. She was annoyed that all her reading didn't involve any animals or magical creatures whatsoever but she guessed that Transfiguration was just as important.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 10:24

"Yeah, not getting people in trouble might be a good idea," she mused. So much stuff had been going on around the castle in the past while, causing more problems might make the Hogwarts staff explode or something.

"I actually don't think I've ever seen you working on homework," Hilary said, only just realizing that now. "You're always off doing something else."

She continued pulling at the loose thread. "Speaking of classes, I am so going to fail transfiguration. I don't understand what's going on in that class anymore."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 10:34

"yea, it's not all me though... some of it may be but not all, honest" Theresa said with an innocent smile.
    She pretended to look offended at what she said about homework "I do homework, I just prefer to do it in my dorm, my dorm mates are never in the dorm so it is very peaceful, even if it does get kind of lonely" she said.

"I am hating transfigurations right now, that was what I was in the library for, I don't understand a thing either" she said.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 10:38

"Fair enough," Hilary said. She hated trying to get work done in her dorm. Not because Shelby and Alex were particularly loud, just that the Ravenclaw house in general could be rather noisy. And she also preferred to be close to reference information, just incase she needed it.

"I like transfiguration for the most part," she said, frowning. She twisted the loose thread on her bean bag chair around her finger and ripped it off. "I just don't get it, and I don't know why. It's really frustrating."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 10:45

Theresa sighed, at least there were other people who were finding transfigurations hard. She didn't understand any of it and she could barely turn a stupid pillow into a feather, no matter the other stuff she was expected to do.

"That's your Ravenclaw pride there, no worries, I am the same way about the stupid subject, you cant really call it Hufflepuff pride though" she said.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 10:49

Hilary smiled at her friend's words. Trust Resa to always be able to cheer her up about anything... Even stupid transfigation work.

"I guess I just have to go to the library and study some more," she said, frowning. She had been spending way too much time in the library lately. She was starting to feel like she lived there.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 10:54

Theresa smiled "you sound like you are complaining about the library, I knew you were a Slytherin or a Gryffindor that tricked the sorting hat into placing you into Ravenclaw using your sneaky... sneakyness" she said accusingly as she laughed.

"Some other girls are having problems with that subject to so we cant be that far behind, it would be good to actually know what the Professor talks about in every lesson though, in stead of just hearing a buzzing noise" she said cheerfully.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 11:02

"Yep," Hilary agreed, jokingly. "I did it so that I could cheat off all the smart kids."

She briefly wondered if anyone was listening in, and if so, if anyone thought she was serious. After all, people had questioned whether or not Resa was going to bring a dragon into the school, so you never really knew.

"Yeah, or just hearing Charlie Brown's teacher." She paused, realizing that Resa probably didn't have a clue what Charlie Brown was. "Just blah, blah, blah every lesson, because I don't understand what Professor Mitchell is saying."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 11:14

Theresa grinned "I knew it, your caught... if only I had thought of doing that, the sorting hat would have probably just said no anyway, for some reason, I belong in hufflepuff" she said.
    She paused for a moment before shouting "BADGERS ROCK!", throwing her hands up into the air.

She laughed at what she said about a teacher "cool, I want to meet this teacher, sounds funny but yea, pretty much what I hear" she said.
    "BUT, in my defence, I think there is a bee in the classroom and that is why I only hear buzzing come from the Professor's words" she joked.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 23:03

It was not like Dimitri to go searching for something in Hogwarts that was not a class. But, now that he was beginning to find his feet, he was ready to seek out some of the more ellusive finds in the castle. For example, the so called Room of Requirement was going to be perfect for the duelling room he was thinking of setting up and offering to give the other students hints and tips. Imagine his surprise, then, to find the room already occupied.

As he had let himself in, he had heard voices and froze on the spot. "Uh, hello? Is there someone already in here?" Just his luck, but then again, he was trying to get to know his fellow students better.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 01:36

Shelby was startled to her an unfamiliar voice in the Room. She looked up from her spot at the table where she had been quietly working and listening to Hilary and Resa talk to see who she assumed had to be the new transfer student. She'd seen him in a few classes but hadn't actually spoken to him before.

"Hello," she said quietly, thinking it would be rude not to answer him.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 02:07

Theresa laughing at Hilary when she heard a new voice. She looked up and saw that new boy, the one who had transfered from Durmstrang. She wondered if he was lost or something, not many people actually came into this part of the Room of Requirements, not that she minded. She turned in her bean bag chair and smiled at him "hello" she said.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 04:06

Hilary raised her eyebrows when she saw the Slytherin boy enter the room. She hadn't really been expecting anyone to join them, other than maybe Lauren or Indiana. She briefly wondered what he had been looking for the room for, but decided that it wasn't of her business.

"Hi," she said, quietly.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 19:57

He did not think it was really out of place for him to feel unwelcome. The girls were not exactly friendly. He edged back a little, towards the exit once more, shaking his head. He was not sure why, but he suddenly felt like he should be elsewhere.

"Hey. I guess I took a wrong turn." He peered around slowly, taking the three other students in. But why would they be so unwelcoming to him? "Sorry, was it a private party?"

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 22:22

"Wait," Hilary said quickly. She hadn't meant to be unwelcoming; she had just been a bit surprised. "You don't have to go, if you don't want to. We just weren't expecting anyone to be up here. Sorry if it came across otherwise."

She wondered if the boy would stay. They hadn't exactly been friendly towards him, so who knows what sort of impression they might have made?

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 01:47

After she got over the shock, Theresa heard the boy and stood up. She walked over to him and smiled. "Sorry, we just don't get a lot of visitors, no such thing as too much company though" she said before thinking. "Well, unless you have a room with like five hundred people in it, I think that is classed as too much company" she said, grinning slightly before she held her hand out. "I'm Theresa Cotgrave" she said cheerfully.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 05:54

Shelby felt bad, she hadn't meant for the boy to feel uncomfortable. "We just weren't expecting anyone to come here," she said, flashing him her friendliest smile in hopes that he wouldn't think they were being intentionally rude.

"I'm Shelby Thomas," she said, giving him a little wave from her spot at the table.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 09:53

He listened to each one of them introduce themselves, noting their awkwardness. He was not surpised, he was not exactly the friendliest figure, the strange student from Russia with different interests and an odd accent. But, despite the recent loss in his family, he had tried to be friendly to all.

"Dimitri Krum," he said softly. He had not met any of them outside the classroom yet, and he was looking foward to the chance to widen his circle of friends. "So, you're not chasing me out?"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 09:58

Theresa smiled "of course not, this isnt private or anything" she said happily before skipping over to the table. She hoped that this boy didn't have the wrong impression. They werent really mean about privacy or anything, it was just a bit of a surprice. Of course though, anyone was welcome to join them.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 10:15

"It's nice to meet you, Dimitri," Shelby smiled again, before nodding in agreement with Resa. "It's not like a secret club or anything," she mentally rolled her eyes at the memory of the last group of students who'd had their own little club.

"This is just a place where we hang out a lot," she explained. "You're more than welcome to come here whenever you like."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 10:21

"I'm Hilary," she said, remembering that she hadn't introduced herself yet. "It's nice to finally meet you.

"We wouldn't chase you out," she continued. She sent a grin towards Resa. "Well, Resa might, if you tease her too much about the big, pink dragon toy over there." She motioned towards where Maximus was sitting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 09:14