Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Beanbag Pit

The Beanbag Pit - Page 4 Empty Re: The Beanbag Pit

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:48

Theresa smiled "good way to look at it I guess" she said as she thought about it. "It must be hard to concentrate on what weakness' she has during a duel thought, with everything that is going on around you" she said.
    She thought about her passed duels and she just ended up running head first into everything that was aimed at her.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:53

Dimitri shrugged a little. "Your first few duels can be chaotic, but once you get into the rythmn of the sport, it is just like anything else. Like, I would have trouble thinking during Quidditch, but players form strategies mid-air all the time. It is just what you are accustomed to." He shuddered faintly. He hated to fly.

Last edited by Dimitri Krum on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Word count.)

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 16:58

Lauren grinned. "I just made beater on the Quidditch team!" Lauren said, as Dimitri reminder her with his mention of Quidditch. "I really wanted to be a chaser or a keeper, but I suppose beater isn't too bad." She told the boy as she had told Resa and the others about it before.

"I'm super nervous about it but it should be fun, as long as I stay on my broom and use the bat to deflect the bludgers instead of my body!"

Last edited by Lauren Potter on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:15; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:03

"I guess although it is strange how Quidditch players can think while in the air" Theresa said thoughtfully.
    She grinned at Lauren "yuo best be careful on the brooms, like I said before, I don't want to have to rush into the Hospital Wing and find you there because if I do I will make you quit the team for your health" she said, shaking her head.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:06

He leaned back in the chair a little, and as he did, he felt himself relaxing. It was no longer that they were questioning him, this was a real conversation, and he was a part of it. It was not common for him here at Hogwarts, but thankfully he was beginning to enjoy himself.

"I am not so good at flying. I have the basics, but once you start to pitch, or yaw, or roll... I just fall."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:09

Lauren smiled at the girl, and put her arm around her. "Don't worry! You don't have to have brains to be a beater! Thank goodness!" Lauren joked at expense of herself. Lauren was touched that Resa cared for her safety, and she'd play as careful as she could so that she would not cause her friend any grief.

"Besides, hopefully, I'll be the one inflicting the damage! If I can stay on my broom, that is!"

Lauren looked at Dimitri, "I was very much the same. I think I might still will be, with the pressure of everyone watching"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:12

"Same here, I don't even try and learn to fly anymore, the moment I am in the air then I either crash into the nearest thing or into the nearest person, although that is sometimes fun" she said, giggling at the memory of being in the back garden on an out of control broom. It was scary at the time but it just seemed funny and slightly fun now.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:14

He chuckled along with Resa, glad he was not the only one that had that particular problem. "No, Lauren, I am sure you will be great. I will have to come along and cheer you on, just to make sure." Dimitri had never actually attended a Quidditch game before, but he felt he would for his new friend.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:19

"Yeah, just don't think about the crowds much, focus on the bludgers that you want to knock into either people's hands, side of their broom or their heads" Theresa said cheerfully. "It would be the easiest to get them off their broom" she said, starting to think that it actually sounds fun.
    "I will be cheering and wishing good luck from the library I am afraid, cant stand seeing people on brooms" she said.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:21

Lauren smiled at the two of them. Resa would still be wishing her luck, even though she would not be there. "Thanks! I think I'll need all the emotional support I can get! It will be terrifying, I'm sure!"

Lauren was now feeling slightly better about next weekend.

"I really hope I don't embarrass myself in front of the entire school though." Lauren told the group, thinking that she probably would.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:23

He chuckles and shakes his head. "Relax, Lauren. It will be your first game. No one expects perfection on a first game." Although in Hogwarts, there did seem to be a lot of little witches who were perfect. But then again, that was probably just appearances. "I think you'll be fantastic." He did not add anything else, since he did not want to pressure her.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:24

"It will be great Lauren, you just need to remember to keep calm and you will be having fun in no time" Theresa said. "About the whole embarrassing thing, you probably, most likely wont but if you do then me and Shasta will have a little word with anyone who mentions anything to you after it" she said jokingly.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:28

Lauren grinned at her two friends. "Thanks so much! That means a lot! I'm not so nervous about it, but I'm sure, come Saturday, I'll be such a reck that you'll have to break into the Gryffindor Common Room to get me out of bed!"

Lauren inwardly laughed at that. Perhaps Indiana could show Theresa what he did when he broke into the first year's dorm in the Gryffindor commonroom. Lauren guessed that the intruder was Indiana, having seen his handwriting in class.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:31

Dimitri chuckled good naturedly at Laurens joke. Here, in this moment, all of the trouble he had faced in the last few weeks was gone, and he was simply relaxing with friends, like he had back in Durmstrang. It felt nice to just let go.

"I am sure you are more brave than you think."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:31

Theresa shook her head as she laughed. "Yea you are but alright then, if you don't show up out side the school at a certain time then we will just have to break into the Gryffindor dorm, Indianna has already done it before, I heard some people talking about it so we will have to ask him first and we will make sure you are going to be there, right Dimitri?" she asked, still laughing a little.
    "I am sure you will be there though" she said.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:38

Lauren laughed at the idea of Resa breaking through the common room and marching up the stairs with Lauren's Quidditch robes in hand, demanding her to get out of bed and go and play.

"Thanks. I don't know about me being brave... Even though I'm a Lion.. But I'll try and give it my best!"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:40

Dimitri chuckled as he shook his head. He believed he knew a way to sneak into another classes common room, but he would have to keep that secret for now. After all, the trouble he had gotten to in Durmstrang for something similar had been a very strong deterrant.

"I will be wherever my friends need me to be," he said with a grin.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:48

"Excellent, so if you need a little incoraging, aka, you need dragging out of bed and to the quidditch game and shoved onto the pitch them me and Dimitri are your people for the job" Theresa said innocently. She grinned as she thought about doing it and she knew and Lauren probably knew to that she so would.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:53

Lauren smiled. "Thanks. I really hope that I can just get through the game without causing myself or my team grievous bodily harm! Let's hope I can do that. As long as I don't close my eyes when a bludger comes towards me, I think I'll cope!"

Lauren leaned back against the beanbags and closed her eyes now. "Do you have any sugar, Resa? You always seem to have with you."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:55

As much as he had tried to keep up with the conversation thus far, this part went straight over his head. Sugar? And why would she often have some on her? Perhaps it was some kind of 'in joke', where the select group of friends knew what made it funny? Instead, he settled back to watch and see what happened.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:58

Theresa grinned as she nodded "but of course, when do you ever know me not to have my darling sugar sticks" she said cheerfully as she stood up to grab her bag from the couch in her corner. She took her bag back over to them and took out a bag of sugar sticks. "Would you like one Dimitri?" she asked as she put her bag down and passed the sugar sticks to Lauren after getting one for herself.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 18:04

Lauren smiled as Resa handed her the sugar. She really needed some sugar now, feeling very tried. Lauren watched as Resa offered Dimitri some sugar sticks. She wondered if they had them at Durmstrang. Perhaps they had something similar.

"Why am I feeling so drained?" She asked the group. "It's not like I've done very much today!"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 18:08

He took the offered item, and peered at it. A satchet of some kind, clearly, and he guessed from the conversation it had to have sugar inside. "What is it?" he asked softly. He had heard of odd treats before, but as far as he knew, this one took the cake, so to speak.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 18:12

Theresa smiled as she ate one "it is a sugar stick, they are actually very nice, it is kind of like a sugar quill if you have heard of them but a little harder, like solid sugar with a little bit of something in it that stops it from being too sweet" she explained. "They are the best way to keep up your energy" she said, giggling slightly.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 18:25

Lauren looked up from where she was sitting and smiled at the Slytherin boy. "You'll like it! But I cannot eat more than one... Anymore.. and I would be too high on sugar! It wouldn't be pretty. I can be pretty crazy with sugar!" Lauren laughed, remembering the truth or dare games that the three other girls had played with sugar in their systems.

"Do you like it?" She asked him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 10:26