Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Tower

Dark Tower Empty Dark Tower

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 10:04

The Dark Tower was a murky place as Indiana examined the prison cells amid his ascent up the stairs. Getting inside wasn't hard as no one didn't even bother to lock the place. With his walking stick out in his left hand and his wand in the right hand, Indiana kept an eye on his surroundings. Only the echo of his footsteps could be heard and it wasn't long before he reached the door that would grant him access to the top. Leaning against the door, the youth slowly opened it before heading to the top, feeling the fresh breeze before looking about the bird's eye view of the school grounds that the tower's elevation gave him.

"Hmm... quite a view from here." Indiana remarked.

Dark Tower Empty Re: Dark Tower

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 12:08

Harmony peered into the door that was slightly ajar. She had been passing by, on her way down to the Ravenclaw common room when she saw it open. The whole place was dank and dark, looking like she had just stepped into a slightly horrific film set. Since the door wasn't locked, she shrugged and decided to see if she could find where it headed. She headed inside, walking along the cells as she walked up the stairs. She noticed the door in front of her was open as the other one had been, and there was someone standing there.

"Er...hello?" She questioned, wondering what the person was doing at such a high point in Hogwarts.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 12:20

Indiana had heard the encroaching footsteps before hearing the feminine voice came from the doorway. The youth turned around to find an unknown girl with the Ravenclaw crest on her robes. He mentally sighed, realizing that the unlocked doors gives access to all.

"Salutations." Indiana replied in a neutral yet slightly welcoming tone, wondering on what brought the unknown visitor here to the Dark Tower.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 12:28

Harmony smiled at the-she looked at his robes-Hufflepuff boy.

"I'm rather sorry to intrude like this," she said apologetically. "but I saw the door to this entryway was slightly ajar, and the curious side of me took over. I didn't mean to bother you."

She peered at him, tilting her head slightly. "I don't think we've met before have we? I'm terribly sorry if we have, and I've forgotten you."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 12:36

Indiana nodded in understanding before replying. "You weren't intruding on anything. I was just exploring some of the towers in the castle just to satisfy my own curiosity. I hope the professors don't have the tendency to use the Dark Tower's jail cells to punish students. I don't know anyone who could spend the night here behind bars."

"As for meeting each other, I don't think we have." Indiana replied before starting. "Indiana Lamperouge of Hufflepuff House."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 12:50

Harmony shivered slightly at the thought of spending the night in one of the cells she had passed by. She wondered what was in those dark cells as she looked behind her shoulder, before looking back over to the Hufflepuff boy.

"Harmonious Lupin of Ravenclaw House," she said, holding out her hand. "It's nice to meet you. And I know Harmonious is a bit of a mouthful, so Harmony is fine, if you so wish to call me that."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 13:13

"Nice name. Well met, Harmony. Nice to meet you as well." Indiana replied as he took her hand and shook before letting go.

"On your way up, did you find anything interesting or did the whole interior look like something from a horror movie?" Indiana asked. He certainly didn't know the art of starting a mere exchange of dialogue but having a trivial topic seemed better than nothing. At least for now that is.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 13:18

Harmony chuckled slightly. "A nice name indeed," she mused, shaking her head.

She once more cast a look over her shoulder to the open doorway.

"I suppose on first glance it looks like some macabre set used for horror films and the like, but it gets you thinking about what or even who was put in them." She explained. "I don't think they would put students in there, at least, I would hope not. So, if students didn't go in there, then who or what did?"

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 13:32

"Well, probably the creatures that they considered Dark either for temporary imprisonment until the Ministry arrives or for academic purposes." Indiana replied, pondering the question about the Dark Tower's purpose.

"I wouldn't put it past the old headmasters or headmistresses from hundreds of years ago using the Dark Tower as a way of keeping unruly students in line." the youth added. "But that's just speculation unless the ghosts that have been here for a long time happen to know the truth to the actual purpose."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 13:36

"It might be intriguing to find out what some of the ghosts know from back in the day," Harmony said, tapping her chin slightly. "I do know the Grey Lady doesn't talk much at all, so I'm not sure if she would be any help to ask. I'm sure Sir Nicholas would be happy to answer any questions we had about the subject."

Harmony tried to imagine what sorts of dark creatures would be used for academic purposes.

"Suppose they did keep dark objects and animals in here," she murmured. "What would they be used for? Class wise I mean. I wonder if they had any fights with such creatures of dark magic to strengthen themselves."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 13:50

"If such entities were confined for academic purposes, it could be for research into what makes them tick for starters. Or, if the latter is true, it could be that they were used by the students for target practice while trying out spells that could affect their targets the most." Indiana replied while thinking on the possible reasons. "The medieval times were certainly more crude and a bit uncivilized than the modern times of today."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 14:05

"Perfectly understandable explanations," Harmony said. "Maybe I could ask about it when I go to the library later. It'd be interesting to know the real reason instead of tossing around ideas and thoughts. I wonder if such dark things stayed in the cells for long periods of time. If dark animals or even other dark beings of nature were kept here, what would be in here? For example, Devil's Snare like in Herbology. We learned by interacting with it. So what things would be in here?"

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 23:12

"The cells appear to be all empty when I was heading up here. But I didn't bother to check the cells for markings and such. The ghosts or the portraits of the former headmasters and headmistresses could supplement just in case the library doesn't have all of the information." Indiana replied as he peered over the balcony of the Dark Tower.

"Well, I got a few more towers to check out but it's nice meeting you, Harmony." Indiana spoke before turning to head down the Dark Tower. "Oh, I heard that Will Black has some sort of punishment for Ravenclaws that lose points. I don't think it would be pleasant if he knows of this tower's existence and decides to use it."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 23:20

Harmony looked out over the balcony and grinned slightly, before turning back to the boy who was heading down.

"It was nice meeting you as well, Indiana," she said. "And maybe we'll hang out some other time. Also, thanks for telling me about the whole thing with Will. I don't think I'd like him to jump off this tower."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 20:03