Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Tower

Central Tower Empty Central Tower

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 01:46

Indiana dragged a trunk that he had gotten out of the Room of Requirements before entering the Central Tower, whose door was unlocked. After going through the entrance, he closed the door but attached some bells that would alert him to incoming visitors.

Taking his wand out, Indiana went from corridor to corridor, making sure that the coast was clear by casting the Disarming Spell about the vicinity. Every time he paused, the youth kept his ears open for possible sounds and footsteps just in case before randomly casting the Disarming Spell.

Not finding anything, Indiana proceeded up to the top of the Central Tower where the balcony area was before opening the trunk and taking out three clean cauldrons, several large bags of grapes, some gallons of water just in case, and several other ingredients along with a simple recipe book.

"Time to get to work." Indiana muttered as he set the cauldrons up. He looked outside from the balcony and the view of the grounds provided him a bit of motivation.

Central Tower Empty Re: Central Tower

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 04:04

Cass rolled her eyes as her wand flew in the air towards Indiana. She ran and picked it up before speaking, "the Tower, again? People'll think this is Indiana turf if you head up here for more than one hour a day," she grinned. "Cor, you making a potion? I wouldn't mind helping out," she said, instead of outright asking.
    "By the way, is this your handwriting?" asked Cass. "Wait, let me find it."
    She held up an envelope with the looped handwriting bearing 'Casso' on the front. "Or rather, did you write it?"

Last edited by Cassopeia Marling on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 10:54; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 04:12

Indiana was surprised to see Cassopeia before noticing the letter.

"I don't write in cursive. I write in standard text and I certainly don't call you Casso." the youth replied before looking at the three cauldrons containing the released extracts of grapes. It had taken him some time to grind and release their contents.

"I'm not making a potion." Indiana spoke as he looked at the recipe book. "I'm making some homemade beverages. One of my neighbors makes some as a hobby and after hanging around her family, I wanted to try my hand at it."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 09:33

Harmony debated on whether to go up into the next tallest tower. After having a rather short yet stimulating chat with the new boy she met, Indiana, Harmony had stared out onto the grounds for at least an hour, before making her way down. It got her rather curious. She wondered what the other towers held. So, now she stood in front of the door, thinking of whether to go in or not. She nodded to herself and opened the door. Bells sounded near her, and Harmony jumped back from the entrance, startled, landing on the ground.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 09:40

(oops, what happened to my reply here :O)
    Cass stashed the paper back into her bag. It was probably a letter from home with no sender written.
    "So anything I can do? I'd like to help, is all." She sat cross-legged on the flagstone floor. "Need boiling, or squashing. What beverage you making, actually."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 09:45

The youth was about to reply when rather faint sounds of bells chiming in the lower levels of the Central Tower alerted Indiana such that he quickly opened a nearby closet before covering the three cauldrons with large lids and dragging them inside. The ingredients he had kept on a nearby makeshift table were closed and placed back into the trunk.

"Well, Cass. I guess we have a visitor or more." Indiana remarked while hearing the footsteps echo in the lower corridors.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 09:51

Harmony kept a hand on her chest as she walked through the stone corridor. Those bells had scared the life out of her, and her heart wouldn't stop freaking out. She really didn't take things like that well. She looked around, wondering if there was anyone in here. Just in case, she pulled out her wand as she made her way through the dark place.

Almost as dark as the other tower, she thought, blinking slightly and looking around.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 09:58

"Y'all right there, Ravenclaw," added Cass as she noticed the billowing cloak's blue trim, "I think it's a girl- the cloaks are longer than the others. Hullooo?"

She stood up and walked to the bells, having heard footsteps after the ringing. "Harmony? You ok? Or you want to join us?"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 10:06

Harmony jumped back as Cass appeared from yet another open doorway.

"Oomph!" She said, as she tripped over a crack backward and fell down. "You scared me, Cass!"

Peering up at her Ravenclaw friend, she smiled slightly. "Us...Cass? There's someone else up there besides you?" She questioned, tilting her head to the side.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 10:08

"Yeah, me and Indiana are making... eh, a beverage," she exaggerated the last word unnecessarily. "You can join if you'd like. How are you doing? Come on over!" She grinned pulling Harmony along. "Indiana, we have another Raven!"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 10:10

Indiana appeared behind Cassopeia and caught sight of Harmony. He was a bit surprised to see her at first but relaxed a bit.

"Hi Harmony." Indiana greeted as he waved at the Ravenclaw that he had met at the Dark Tower. He wondered on what brought her here.

At the same, however, Indiana was thinking of adding additional alarm systems that would alert him to incoming visitors to the Central Tower whenever he was here working on his project.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 10:15

Harmony almost lost feeling in her arm the way Cass was pulling her along.

"Oh. Indiana, hello. It's nice to see you again." She said, smiling as she caught sight of the Hufflepuff boy. "A uh beverage huh? What kind is it?"

She was rather surprised to see Indiana here yet again. It seemed that he managed to get to the towers to explore them before she did. She wondered if she could visit the other one before he could.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 10:23

"Um... the type found in certain taverns like the Three Broomsticks, Leaky Cauldron, and the Hog's Head." Indiana replied as he brought out the three cauldrons and took their lids off to reveal their contents.

"I have a recipe book for making certain Muggle drinks but these beverages require some time for fast aging after all the ingredient adding and procedures are done." the youth added cryptically, hoping not to startle Harmony once the realization came to her.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 10:26

Cass laughed loudly at Indiana's avoidance of the word. It wouldn't have boded well with the teachers, not that they were around. Cass looked pointedly at Harmony, "Hagrid's pretty weak to it?"
    "Anyway, Indiana. You need anything else from the kitchens or something."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 10:43

"If it's good wine, then I'll try it," she said, grinning. "Purebloods in societies are allowed to drink wine, no matter what age. Of course, it was given to the little children moderately, but they got it as well to welcome them into the society. That's how I know what you're talking about."

She laughed slightly. "No need to hide anything from me. I'm a good secret keeper."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 10:59

Indiana nodded. "The recipe for grape wine is simple and I managed to get all of the ingredients that are needed. It's just the amount of time required along with additional moving procedures that will be a bit difficult."

He turned to Cassopeia. "Thanks, Cass. I have all the needed supplies but I'll keep that in mind just in case I need some more ingredients."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 11:17

"Grape huh? Sounds okay." She said, thinking back to the balls and society parties she attended with her family. "If you happen to need any extra hands, I'll be able to help out of course. Just let me know if you need the assistance."

She wondered why he was making wine. Was he just bored, or did he have some ulterior motive for it?

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 12:20

"I'll keep your offer in mind." Indiana replied with a smile. He could certainly appreciate the additional assistance from both Cassopeia and Harmony.

The youth turned back to the cauldrons and resumed the procedures of the recipe. He really needed a good clock and a notebook to write down and keep track of what he did since the initial procedures would take at least three days.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 12:24

Harmony smiled back at him before he had turned. She watched him work, curious. She had never really known how to make wine, and her aunt had always told her that young ladies shouldn't worry about trivial things as such. Though, being as she always was...

"Why are you making this?" She asked, tilting her head. "I am rather curious to know."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 12:56

Even though he was looking at the content mixtures in the cauldrons, Indiana raised an eyebrow before answering.

"Well, I hope to start a brewery business for supplement income to whatever primary occupation that I'll end up with after Hogwarts so it's never early to learn how to make different types of wine." Indiana replied casually.

People drink everyday so it was a good goal to take after.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 12:59

"A brewery business, huh?" She murmured, placing a finger on her chin. "That sounds like it would be a well paying side job. What occupation were thinking about going into after Hogwarts? I mean, I know people change their minds as they get older, but what are you focusing on right now?"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 13:10

Amid checking the pH before adding the yeast, Indiana answered. "I'm still thinking of what employment opportunities that the magical world offers. I just hope that I don't have to end going back to the Muggle world for employment because their additional schooling requirements are a bit too much and I don't want to think that I burned seven years needlessly here at Hogwarts."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 13:16

Harmony nodded, wondering if Indiana was Muggleborn or half-blood. By the way he spoke of the Muggle world, she mused that he must be Muggleborn.

"I can understand that. I myself hope to go into Herbology." She said quietly. "I suppose you could see what class you like best before you decide it's something you love to do. Then again, you might not like any of the classes or anything the Wizarding world has to offer."
    Amy Mitchell
    Amy Mitchell
    Headmistress
    Headmistress

Central Tower Trans

Post by Amy Mitchell Sat 21 Aug 2010, 17:04

Just when she had thought she'd seen everything, she stumbled upon this little venture in the towers. She eyed the ingredients that Indiana was handling and the cauldrons. Closing her eyes and holding the bridge of her nose, Professor Mitchell said evenly to the students. "I have no idea why students would think wine-making seems appropriate for a school, but I can assure you it is not. For one, you are underage. For two, this is a school not a bar!" She opened her eyes and looked sternly at the students, very disappointed that they weren't using their common sense. "Detention for all three of you and 50 points from Ravenclaw and 50 points from Hufflepuff. This tower will need to be spotless by morning or it will be another detention for all of you." With that, Professor Mitchell turned around and walked out.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 23:42

Harmony had jumped when Professor Mitchell appeared behind them.

"Ehehe...oh great," she muttered, sighing.

Looking at Cass and Indiana, she nodded. "Well...I guess we kinda deserved that one. I guess we should set to cleaning up this tower huh?" She asked, slumping her shoulders and she sighed once more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 17:54