Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sitting Under a Tree

Sitting Under a Tree - Page 6 Empty Re: Sitting Under a Tree

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 13:39

Theresa nodded "I think I get it, no matter if it is muggle or whizarding plants, they could be equally as poisonous" she said, trying to understand it properly. She laughed at the idea of camping out in a corner of the library or something, surounded in nothing but books. "That would be nice, even with the funny looks, it would seem like a little book fortress though" she joked.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 13:41

Harmony chuckled, grinning to herself.

"An impenetrable fortress of books of course," Harmony said happily. "No one would be able to get through and I'd be able to read to my heart's content. No working, no worrying, no nothing. Except me and my books of course. But how could I forget the other fortress of books on creatures from across the way? The leader of that fortress would have to throw me books on animal while I tossed plant ones over to her."

Harmony laughed. She truly adored the library, and she was still much like a little kid at heart.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 13:44

Theresa giggled "yeah, there would be two random book fortresses in the library and we exchange notes by throwing books and balled up pieces of parchment at each other" she said before grinning. "That wont look odd to everyone who walks into the library at all" she said, finding the idea very amusing.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 13:48

Harmony detected a hint of playful sarcasm in that last sentence, and she grinned.

"Oh not at all!" She agreed, laughing. "I suppose they'll just think we're having a parchment war or something. Then again, we'll have to be careful where we throw those books. Getting hit in the head with them really hurts. Just ask Rae-Rae. I do it to him a lot!"

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 13:53

Theresa laughed "the last thing anyone needs is to get a bump on their head because a rogue book" she said then stopped and thought about it. "That would actually be funny to explain though" she said. "It would be like... how did you get this huge bruise on your head Ms Cotgrave" she said in an elderly voice. "I did it by having a book war in the library and my book fortress wasnt big enough" she said in her normal voice before grinning.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 14:08

Harmony laughed.

"'And what about you Miss Lupin?'" Harmony asked in a rather manly sounding voice. "'You have quite a knock on your head there.' Well sir, it was a book war. My fortress was coming down, and I had to send reinforcement to build up my walls again."

Harmony chuckled softly.

"Book wars! That would be something! Of course, I would be the one hiding in a trench reading rather than throwing it."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 14:13

Theresa nodded as she thought about what a strange excuse it was. "The Professors will think that we have gone crazy" she said. "Which may be true in my case" she joked. "I would have a special place in the back for all the good creature books and through all the boring ones at everything that moved" she said, giggling at the idea, it sounded so fun.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 14:15

Harmony laughed. "Well, maybe some of the Professor are crazy themselves. I mean, remember when Ex-Professor Williams and Professor Lewis did the can-can on the train?" She asked, remembering the dancing Professor's. "It was a funny sight to see! Of course, I would surround myself with as many plant books as I could find. Boring or non-boring, you name it, it's part of my wall!"

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 14:23

Theresa laughed "I didn't see it but I heard about it, it seems so funny, nothing that you would expect from Professors" she said. She had wished that she had seen it, it sounded funny when she was told about it. "Oh well, crazy people have more fun anyway, my life motto" she said.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 14:25

"And a good motto to live by, dear Theresa," Harmony said, laughing. "Mozart always loved the quote he heard our father say once. 'I'd rather be insane than sane because sane is always half the fun'."

She smiled happily. "It's a good quote to live by, and those who are your definite friends will stick close to you even when you're insane. It means that they are the ones who'll definitely be there for you when you need them the most!"

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 14:34

Theresa nodded "it helps when your friends are as insane as you" she said, giggling at all the memories she had shared with her friends this years. "Especially Lauren Potter the Truth or Dare queen" she said, grinning as she rememmbered Lauren acting like a monkey as she danced from the lake to the castle and back.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 14:37

"Truth or dare huh?" Harmony asked. "Can't say I've every played it. I've played Twister with Alice, Will, and a couple of others though. It's a Muggle game Mozart loved to play when we were little. And it's a lot safer than exploding snap!"

She laughed, grinning to herself.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 14:45

Theresa giggled "there is a lot of things safer then the deadly game of exploding snap" she joked. "Never heard of twister though, sounds like a funny name for a game" she mused. She had heard of a few muggle games but twister was deffinetly one that she had never heard of before.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 14:47

"It's like...you have this spinner and you spin the arrow. There's a certain set of colors like red, blue, yellow and green. The object is to place one of your body parts, whether it be a hand or a foot on the color it's chosen. It also has to be the right part of your body. So, if it says 'Right hand yellow', then your right hands hits yellow." She explained. "It was a lot of fun! Will was a sight to behold, twisted in with Dixie, Alice, and Raven. Along with Jazz too of course! You'll have to play it sometime."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 14:56

Theresa giggled "sounds fun, would be painful at one point though if you ended up everywhere on it" she said. "What if you cant get to the colour, like there isn't that colour left or something?" she asked curiously. She had to find more out about this game it sounded so fun.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 15:00

"Well, the funny part about it is, everyone reaches their stretch limit. So, if someone falls, everyone falls with them." She answered, laughing. "This usually happens before something like that happens, and you don't play it with a lot of people, so most of the spaces don't get taken up. If you can't reach the color you need to get to, you have to try to touch it. You'll end up falling and losing probably, but you have to get to it because the spinner knows all."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 15:09

Theresa laughed as she heard about the game "that is actually pretty cool, especially the if one fall, most likely everyone will part" she said. She thought for a moment before grinning "the spinner knows all? that so sounds like a fortune teller or an oracle or some mumbo jumbo like that" she said.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 15:12

Harmony laughed. "It was meant to sound like fortune teller mumbo jumbo. Of course, I was the one spinning the arrow and telling them where to put their appendages." She said, grinning. "I could have fooled them for all they know, but I didn't. I really should've though. Alice's party was a lot of fun. I hope we do that for everyone every time there's a birthday."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 15:18

Theresa's grin grew "oh yes, I would have so made stuff up, just to see them try and do it, it would just be classic" she said. "Muggles games are always the best, they don't have magic yet they know how to have fun" she said as she thought of all the great and fun muggle stuff she had learnt about.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 15:20

"Precisely! Mozart always loved the Muggle games, since Wizarding games never interested him that much." Harmony said, nodding her head. "All his games fell to me when he died, so I've been leafing through them, trying to see which ones look the most interesting."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 15:28

Theresa nodded as she thought about different games. "I think it is quite interesting that even though wizarding games have magic which should be better, the muggle games are more interesting and fun" she said. "Although I am sure that a muggle would think that wizarding games and stuff are more fun" she said.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 15:37

"Of course. Most Muggles would probably think Wizarding games are more fun, and for the Wizards, vice versa. Half-bloods have the best of both worlds eh?" She asked, grinning. "I guess Purebloods like myself have a lot to learn about the world. The Muggle world that is."

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 15:41

"I agree with the vise versa thing, it is like, they are use to their own things so the other's are something new and exciting" Theresa said thoughtfully.
    "I wish I was one of those half bloods that know of both words, I don't know much about the muggle world, just the wizarding one" she said.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 23:00

"Well you'll learn as time goes on," Harmony offered, smiling at her. "It's a wonderous place full of magic."

She laughed at her little pun, before pouting slightly.

"I can't believe we lost points for having a parchment war," she murmured. "Though it was fun while it lasted! And at least we didn't get detention!"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 02:05

"Yeah I suppose it is" Theresa said grinning when she heard the pun.
    She laughed "It was so much fun, I still cant believe we did it" she said. She had never done anything other then reading or homework in the library and the parchment war was very interesting. "I would have hated it if we got a detention, Professors think I am a trouble maker as it is when I am so not" she said before holding out her hand.

"What do you say captain Lupin, a peace between the two forts?" she asked in the voice she was using during the parchment war.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 11:43