Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sitting Under a Tree

Sitting Under a Tree - Page 2 Empty Re: Sitting Under a Tree

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 10:05

She tilted her head slightly. Creatures, huh? She could see how Theresa would make that point. She noticed Theresa's slight outburst about plants being cool at the end of her sentence.

"It's fine," she said, grinning. "Not everyone can have a love for plants like I do. I've been with them for a while. Most of my life actually."

Harmony laughed at Theresa's cheerfulness about apparating.

"What makes you think you'll fail your first time?" She asked, grinning. "You might surprised yourself and pass! And then randomly find yourself in Antarctica or somewhere else that's rather remote."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 10:11

Theresa nodded "nice, I guess different people have different passions, I actually have to look about plants for the lake, me and some friends are helping the animals but I have no idea what plants would be best in a lake" she said.

She shrugged "Something I have always thought, I am known as a 'cause for concern' when it comes to normal stuff so if I apparate then I would probably end up in a dessert with a camel or something... actually that sounds amazing, I so have to do that" she said excitedly.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 10:20

Harmony laughed. It was obvious that Theresa cared much for the animals as well as the environment.

"We need more people around the Wizarding world like you," Harmony said, grinning. "You're an optimist, and you like to treat the world well. Animals, plants, and all. I love animals and everything, but I don't know what plants have. It's a quality that draws me to them."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 10:29

"Well, I don't think there is no point thinking the worst in things, I try and think of the good stuff" Theresa said. "For example, you may get a hurt yourself but what you need to think about is at least you know never to do it again or if you have an annoying dragon teddy from friends, in stead of thinking of how much you hate it, just think about how amazing it would be to throw paint on it" she said, laughing at the thought.

She nodded "yea, it's mysterious, something new and unkown, makes things hard to ignore" she said.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 10:31

Harmony sighed slightly.

"Though, there are some things that just have no bright side," she pointed out. "Most things do yes, but well, some things just have nothing happy and carefree about them."

Harmony wondered what Theresa was thinking about going into.

"While we're still First Years at Hogwarts, what do you think you want to go into as we get older?" She asked.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 10:39

Theresa nodded in agreement "I suppose but it is always a challange to find a bright side, even if it hurts" she said.

"I am taking Care of Magical Creatures the moment I can and am hoping to be a dragon trainer when I am older, if not then maybe some type of animal rescuer" she said thoughtfully. "What about you?" she asked.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 11:02

A Dragon trainer? Harmony absolutely adored dragons. Maybe Theresa would like to talk to Rei. Her older brother Cedric was into dragons, and even worked on the reservation with them out in Romania.

"An animal rescuer would be a well-rewarding job," Harmony said, nodding. "I'm thinking about interrogating, I mean asking, Professor Ellis all about Herbology. It's something I love to do in my spare time, and I think I would be good at it in a profession as well."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 11:10

Theresa laughed when Harmony said 'interrogating', she pictured the Professor being bugged about Herbology until he finally gave in and answered all the questions.

"I think it would, especially when poor little animals cant protect themselves" she said. "What type of profession would you like in Herbology?" she asked curiously. She knew that there was Professors in Herbology and also scientists but didn't really know much about it.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 11:14

Harmony nodded. She agreed with Theresa completely when it came to poor animals who needed help. She thought of her beautiful Vita, getting beaten or hurt everyday and she winced. People sure were cruel.

"I hope it's something well enough to get a teaching job somewhere. If not, then I could always have my own garden to supply plants and herbs to hospitals. I've been hoping to see if Beauxbatons needed a Herbology teacher at some point in time. I have friends who live over there, and I do speak fluent French." Harmony explained. "Otherwise, I'll just stick around here. It's where everyone is at. Everyone I know and love that is."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 11:20

Theresa hadn't known about plants being supplied for hospitals but then mentally hit herself. Of course they would, where else would the potions and things come from. She really wasn't that bright sometimes.

"Cool, I have always wanted to speak French but I can only speak Spanish but not very good... and English of course, always forget that" she said, shaking her head as she grinned. "Maybe, there are a lot of schools so there is always the good chance" she said.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 11:24

Harmony laughed.

"Oh yes, we can't forget the English speaking," Harmony said. "I must admit that I'm not very fluent in Spanish as well as French. My Aunt had always wanted to send me to Beauxbatons, so that's why she got me enrolled in French class. Of course, I didn't choose to go their, to her irritation."

Harmony rolled her eyes as she thought of her Aunt. "Next thing you know, she'll be telling me that Herbology isn't the best thing to go into for the Lady of the House."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 11:31

"Yep, it's always funny to miss that out" Theresa said, wondering how she would actually explain talking English if she didn't know it.
    "My mum made me take Spanish, I don't see much of a point in learning any language so early when you are going to school in England, although, if you were planning on Bauxbatons then I could see why" she said.

"Sure Herbology can get filthy but that is just apart of it" she said before thinking about what she said about her Aunt. "I take it you don't like her much?" she asked.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 11:56

Harmony thought about her Aunt once more and shrugged her shoulders.

"I'll put it this way and save you a story: we don't see eye to eye. I'm from the Pureblood part of the Lupin family, the part my Aunt wants to keep pure. All my other cousins are either half-bloods or metamorphmagi. My Aunt isn't too thrilled about that." Harmony explained. "We tend to argue over stupid things, and she goes out of her way to destroy my precious garden when she comes over."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 12:00

"She doesn't sound very nice, no offence, I cant stand the whole pureist view" Theresa said after she heard about the woman. "Trying to ruin your garden seems a little imature though, unless you do something then, your getting even and she can be all grumpy" she said as she thought about it.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 12:04

Harmony laughed at the thought of getting back at her Aunt.

"Just ask Jen, if you get the time. She knows how horrible Aunt Marie can be. My Aunt and I go way back." Harmony murmured, casting a look out to the lake. "Ever since I was six, she's been a horror to me. You don't know the things she would do to stay in a Pureblood family. She isn't a very nice person at all, and I'd take a beast over her any day."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 12:08

"I guess some people will never stop thinking that the pureblood ways our best" Theresa said, she thought about her sister and sighed. "My sister is the same, she is into the whole pureblood thing, she actually hates our mother for being the reason we are no purebloods ourselves" she said, rolling her eyes at the thought.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 12:37

Harmony shook her head.

"The Pureblood ways are definitely not the best. I guarantee that." Harmony said. "Is your sister older or younger than yourself?"

She hadn't heard much about Theresa's family, and she was interested. From the information Theresa just gave her, she knew that she had to be a half-blood, since her sister was complaining about not being Pureblood.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 12:42

"Yeah, it doesn't seem that great, nothing wrong with blood anyway, doesn't make you different" Theresa said. "Rach is actually the same age as me, it makes it fun, to joke about her being the 'evil twin'" she said, grinning. "She was here for a while but then moved to Bauxbatons because it was apparently better" she said with a shrug.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 13:04

"Ah!" Harmony said, snapping her fingers in understanding. "Right, I remember her. I was wondering where she went, and I guess now I know. Though, is she fluent in French? Most of the classes there are in French, with the exception of maybe one or two. She'd have a hard time at Beauxbatons if she didn't know the language."

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 13:09

"She can, she payed more attention in the lessons we took then me, I guess it payed off" Theresa said. "Not that it mattered, I wouldn't go to Bauxbatons, I like it here too much" she said as she thought about how much fun she has had and all the people she has already met at Hogwarts.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 13:13

Harmony nodded.

"I agree. Hogwarts is too much like my home already. I've meant a lot of great people." She smiled happily. "And though I have a few friends over in Beauxbatons, I think this is the right place for me. After all, Hogwarts is one of the best schools. It's a legacy."

She thought about what it would be like to go to Beauxbatons. She would be able to see Madeline and Pierre, but she would surely miss Jasmeet, Raven, Cass, and many other new and old friends she had.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 13:19

Theresa nodded in agreement "it is, I am still glad that my father let me come here in stead of Bauxbatons, apparently it was close" she said. "I don't know anyone at Bauxbatons myself, well except Rach now, most of my old friends are at Durmstrang but I would rather stay here then go there either, even if I was allowed to go there" she said, remembering everything she was told about the lessons.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 13:30

"I've heard that Durmstrang is a mostly boys school," Harmony said, recalling facts from her text. "I think they just started allowing girls to go there since it was too hard to just cart girls around the globe. I'm not sure if the Durmstrang boys are too happy with that."

She snickered slightly, thinking about the boys and now girls at Durmstrang.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 13:33

Theresa grinned, she didn't know that, she would have to mention it in her next letter to Rain. "Poor boys, having to share their school now" she said, pretending to feel sad for them. "Oh well, not their fault that girls are better in nearly everything so they will just have to stick it out" she said cheerfully.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Aug 2010, 13:41

Harmony laughed, smiling at Theresa.

"It's been proven that girls are capable of much more logical capabilities than boys," Harmony explained. "I mean, they usually spend their time with sports or goofing around. Girls tend to be more...stimulated with their studies, rather than horsing around like most boys do."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 13:55