Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Parchment War Continues!

The Parchment War Continues! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Parchment War Continues!

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 13:38

Theresa shook her head "it is fine, it was worth it" Theresa said, wondering how crazy she just sounded. "I don't usually mind something like that, I fall over all the time so I am use to it" she said as she rubbed her knee. "What about you? I did kick the back of your knee quite hard" she said thoughtfully.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 13:40

Harmony laughed slightly. "I guess it smarts a bit now that you've reminded me about it, but I'll be fine," Harmony said. "It was totally worth it, so I understand you there. What kind of fight is a fight without a little rough housing?"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 13:45

"So true, the best type of fighting is hand to hand and one where you get bruises and you can really have fun" Theresa said. She stopped and thought for a moment "I have got to stop hanging around with boys when I am at home" she said, shaking her head.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 13:51

Harmony laughed. "There's really no boys at my house," she answered shrugging. "Just me, my parents, and my plants. And don't you say anything about my garden, Theresa."

Harmony grinned. "I know you'll think of something to say," she teased. "And with hand to hand, well, I can just imagine Will and Raven doing that because they would."

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 13:58

Theresa pouted as she crossed her arms "aw, I was just thinking about what to say too" she joked. "I have a gang of boys who live by me, they are quite amazing, especially Rain, that is the worst nickname ever" she said, pausing to pretend to gag. "Anyway, he loves magical creatures more then me, I get everything from spending to much time with him when I was younger I think" she said, laughing at the memories.
    She grinned "cool, it's a shame that the duel rules have changed, if they do a lot of hand to hand combat then I would love to go up against them" she said. Apart from her friends from Durmstrang, she really didn't get to muggle fight enough, it was a shame, it was way fun.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 23:45

Harmony laughed as Theresa followed along with her teasing. She had found that Theresa was rather easy to get along with, when they weren't on the battlefield of course.

"Rain, huh? How'd you meet him? I know you've mentioned his name a few times as we've been speaking." Harmony said. "I'm quite curious."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 08:25

Theresa thought for a moment before shrugging "Rain is just a friend you use to live near me" she saiid. "We met when I was six and he got me into the interest of dangerous magical creatures really, I don't see him much though because his father sent him to Durmstrang" she said. "Of course Rain is just a nickname for Josh, apparently it is cool that him and his friends are named after weather" she said, shaking her head as she thought of how weird boys were.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 08:42

"Named after weather huh?" She asked, smiling. "So is there like Thunder, Lightning, Tornado, that kind of stuff?"

Harmony thought about how different it would be to be named after weather.

"It sure sounds different, but unique," she said, shrugging. "Do you think he'll try transferring here at some point in time?"

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 08:54

Theresa snorted as she nodded "yea, they are Rain, Storm, Breeze and Sun" she said, giggling as she thought of the names. "I think those weather names you said are better then what they actually chose" she said before thinking. "I am not sure if he is going to transfer here, it would be great if he does" she said cheerfully.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 09:30

"Well, it sounds like he would be rather interesting to meet. Fingers crossed that he does transfer here." Harmony said, setting her cup down. "Cass brought up a good point to me and while I have you here, I'd like to discuss it. If we are to set this in front of the Headmistress, we'll have to have a set of rules to abide by. I was hoping we could think up a couple of them. Rules, regulations, as well as anything else."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 09:33

Theresa nodded "That is actually a good idea, I don't want to tell them headmistress about this and then not have any rules for it, it is obviously dangerous at some points and I mean more then just a bad paper cut" she said, shaking her head at her very bad joke at the end.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 09:35

Harmony grinned. "Well, we both know this is a basic simulation. It will be called Parchment War because that's how it started, but it is anything but. So, Rule number one: No blatant killing. If you mean to kill, the simulation will shut down and you lose." She said.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 09:42

"Yeah and if we keep that name then it will forever remind us and Professor Mitchel of that crazy day in the library when we actually had a war" Theresa said, giggling at the memory of the small book forts and how much fun it was.

"Good idea on the ending part but we still have to let people fight hand to hand if they want to and I really liked that duel at the end, maybe that could be a thing, like the end part or something" she said thoughtfully.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 09:48

Harmony nodded, grinning. "But when I was fighting you, the aim wasn't to kill you, but to incapacitate you so the victory would be mine. That's why the simulation didn't end. Which brings me to the next rule. Rule number two: You may have up to one ally, but only when it comes to the duel. So you cannot start out with an ally, and if you wish to have one, the other side must have one as well."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 09:57

"Sounds fair, so it doesnt end up two on one and then the two would so win" Theresa said. "If it starts off with just to people then it can start equally and the other ally, if they are chosen can only come in after both forts have been destroyed a little, yeah?" she said.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:02

Harmony nodded. "Exactly. They'll be able to call in their ally, so that's why they'll be picking them before the match. So, Rule number three will probably be: Don't get ahead of yourself. If your fort is destroyed, you cannot magically-pardon the pun-pull out three more cannons and twenty more men from the rubble. It just doesn't happen that way."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:06

"And that is where the ally would come in, to help you when your fort is destroyed, how will the duel at the end work, you know, with four people, what do you think could happen?" Theresa asked. She also wondered what would lead up to the duel. "Maybe once one of the forts are destroyed, the four go and start the duel?" she wondered.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:11

"Well, the allies are just that. Allies. It doesn't matter if they fight their own battle because truly, it isn't there fight. When we were battling, it was our fight. When I took you down, the match was over because the original thing was between you and me. They can fight all they want, but the true duel is between the two who started the round." She explained. "So, Rule number five: There is no mercy. When you fight, you fight. Expect the pain, and expect it hard. The swords will not be sharp enough to sever a limb, but they will be sharp enough to cut you. If you forfeit, then it is your loss."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:15

"Sounds good to me, the war is mostly determind on what the originol two captains do" Theresa said, nodding.
    "There should be a rule about the duel, like you cant get help from allies or your minions while your in the duel, it can only be sword or hand to hand, you cant use any magic" she said.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:24

Harmony nodded. "So Rule number six then: No allies or any of your own fort can help you when you are fighting the duel. It is between you and the other captain only. If you manage to get help, then you're disqualified and the round goes to the other captain." She said. "Do you think that's enough rules?"

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:33

"Yeah, although you can still defend and attack the forts if you have enough time, maybe" Theresa said. She nodded "it seems like enough, oh this is going to be so fun, I actually want to play again" she said excitedly, giggling as she thought about being on top of a fort of parchment again.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:42

Harmony nodded. "Right! And with the simulation, we can make everything real! We could have stone forts with a hundred soldiers waiting at our command instead of large paper balls and men made out of paper. This is gonna be great!" She exclaimed. "Rule number seven: Imagination is key! And now that's enough. We should visit the Headmistress' office as soon as we can."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:47

"Yeah and the animals and plants would look real, and dragons could breath fire" Theresa said, becoming even more excited. "Oh this is going to be so much fun, even if Professor Mitchell says we cant, we should so make it an unoficial thing" she said as she put down her hot chocolate.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:49

Harmony nodded. "That's right! If Professor Mitchell doesn't go for it as a tournament type thing, we could make our own tournament in the room of requirement. The winner of the whole thing will get a banner made by Alice how they want it." Harmony said, grinning. "I would make them myself, but I kinda fail at it."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:53

"That sounds great, I wonder if people will actually go for this, I know a few people who will but wouldn't it be briliant if like most of the school were excited when they hear about it or something" Theresa said. She hoped that it would be a hit, the more people that played it the better and more fun it will be.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 15 May 2024, 05:26