Hogwarts Portus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Parchment War Continues!

The Parchment War Continues! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Parchment War Continues!

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:55

"Great! Let's meet up outside the Headmistress' office as soon as we can. I've written the seven rules down and we can explain our case to her when we get in there. Alice has already agreed to making the banner." Harmony said, smiling at Theresa. "This is gonna be the best!"

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:58

"Sounds great, it will be the best if we can do this" Theresa said. "Now all I will have to do is try and remember where her office is, I have never been there before" she said thoughtfully. She had heard about it a few times but could only just remember. "I am sure I will be able to find it... I hope" she said cheerfully.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:03

"I think it might be on the top floor," Harmony remarked, trying to think. "Or maybe it's this floor. On second thought, I have no idea where it is either. Oh man. We should probably ask someone who knows their way around."

She laughed to herself. "We'll find it eventually. In the mean time, I'll start making up flyers to send by owl in case she doesn't like the idea."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:09

"Yeah, I am sure someone has been to her office before and knows the way" Theresa said, it couldnt be too difficult. There was always the chance that Professor Mitchel didn't like the idea so it would be a good idea. "What are you going to put on the flyers?" she asked curiously.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:16

"Something catchy I suppose. Telling them about what it is, who the creators are, and how it origninated. Also to telling them a thread would be up soon in the RoR to post their name, their house, and their Captain name. Since we chose our last names, they might choose theirs as well, but they don't have to." She said, thinking about it.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:19

"Yeah, also what about their fort name and what they will use" Theresa suggested. She couldn't wait to see who would sign up for it and all the different fort names and ideas would be funny. "We will have to put our names and forts first, so they get the idea to go crazy with the names" she said.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:24

Harmony nodded, laughing. "That's right! Couldn't forget to put that! Part of me hopes that the Headmistress will accept the idea, but the other part of me hopes that she won't do it so we can do it on our own." She said, excitedly. "I think it would be great to do it by ourselves."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:28

"It would, it would be so fun watching and organising it all" Theresa said. She wondered if which would be better, the doing it by themselves thing deffinetly sounded great. "And we could also do a board thing where it shows the scores and things, and I so want to go up against people in it" she said excitedly.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:30

"I was thinking about that," she said. "And I think I have a solution that will make you happy. I don't want to have to worry about doing a bi, so if we have an odd number of people, then you'll be in it. I've already won the very first, and I know you really want to play again. So I'll monitor the matches. That way, you get to play again, and it'll even out the number of people. How does that work out for you?"

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:36

Theresa nodded "that sounds great, oh this is going to be so fun, I must win one, I refuse to lose any of the future games that I am in" she said. "Are you sure that you don't want to be in another game?" she asked. She loved the idea about being in a game though, they were so fun.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:39

Harmony nodded. "It was great fun, but someone has to organize the event and keep it going. Besides, if you're going gaga over all the fights, you won't be able to monitor any of them." She teased. "I know how much you wish to play again, so I'm giving you the chance too. Hopefully, when the Professor sees how successful it is, she'll take it over and then we'll both be able to play again."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:44

Theresa stuck her tongue out at Harmony. "I am not going gaga, I just like, really major love the games" she said cheerfully. "It will be fun and I want a rematch to prove that animals really are better then plants and that the only reason you won was because of Inidana's help" she said.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:46

Harmony laughed. "You were going down before Indiana or Cass showed up. Her springs and ducks were being eaten by my flytraps left and right, and you would've surrendered eventually...Captain Cotgrave." She said, smiling.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:56

"I would not, if I recall, I didn't surrender at all, you chopped my leg off, thank you, Captain Lupin" Theresa joked as she crossed her arms. "Anyway, I would have won... eventually" she said, there was no way she was going to admit that she was so running out of options way before anyone else showed up.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 12:03

Harmony laughed. "Well, you deserved the leg chop. Also, no magic can be a rule! So the teachers can participate too!" She exclaimed. "So, how does the list look?"

Rules of Parchment War!

Rule Number One: No blatant killing. It's a simulation so it can happen, but if you mean to kill, you get disqualified.

Rule Number Two: You may have up to one ally. When you start a duel with the other person, then your allies may come in to defend your forts.

Rule Number Three: Don't get ahead of yourself. If your fort is destroyed, you cannot magically pull men and cannons from rubble.

Rule Number Four: There is no mercy. It's like war. When you fight, you fight. Expect pain, and expect it hard. The swords you can battle with aren't sharp enough to sever a limb, but they will cut.

Rule Number Five: No allies or anything of your own fort can help you when in a duel. If they do, you are disqualified.

Rule Number Six: Imagination is key, let it flow.

Rule Number Seven: No magic! You may use your wand to point to things, but if you use magic, then you will be disqualified.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 12:17

Theresa shook her head "gee thanks" she said, grinning as she rolled her eyes. She looked over the list and nodded "it seems great, I especially love rule number four, you made it sound so cruel, brutel and barbaric.... awesome!" she said, laughing at it. "It will get people's attention for sure" she said.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 12:23

"And I'll be talking with the headmistress soon. She already knows that I wish to contact her, and hopefully, we'll be able to get this up and running before term lets out!" She exclaimed happily. "Oh, and you're welcome. Hopefully, we'll have a bunch of people willing to sign up."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 12:30

"I hope we can, it would be great to get this set up before next year and we can organise it all and introduce it to people before term ends" Theresa said excitedly. "I so hope that it doesnt fail" she said as she thought of what it would take.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 12:37

"Wish me luck, Theresa," Harmony said, smiling at her friend. "The Headmistress has asked me to file a formal request for the game! She'll show it to the other staff members, and they'll have a vote on it I guess. I hope it passes!"

Harmony smiled to herself, sighing with serenity. She hoped she wrote the formal report well.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 12:42

Theresa beamed as she listened "major good look times about one hundred!" she said cheerfully. "It would be great if they passed it, they just have to" she said. "If they don't then we will organise it ourselves but it would be good to have permision and stuff" she said.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 12:52

Harmony nodded. "I changed rule seven a bit, since we are in a magic school. Players are allowed three spells in a round, but they can only use Expelliarmus, Lumos, and Protego, since we don't want any high level spells from teachers." She explained, nodding. "Hopefully, she says okay and it can be a tournament thing. If not, she doesn't mind if we do it unofficially."

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 13:03

"Good idea, we want to make it sound better so it is more interesting to a magical school and the students" Theresa said as she thought about the rule.
    "Oh well that's good, so either way, we will be able yo do it" she said happily, glad that it will happen.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 13:09

Harmony nodded happily, giving Theresa a big smile. She couldn't remember the last time she had been so...happy!

"That's right! And the winner will either win a medal or an amazing banner. Plus, they get the experience they need anyway. This'll be so great! I hope they all like it so it can be a yearly thing at Hogwarts!" Harmony said, grinning. "When we've graduated, it'll be fun to see kids playing something that Harmonious Lupin and Theresa Cotgrave invented back when they were first years!"

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 13:40

Theresa laughed "yea it would be great, the battle game that went down in history at Hogwarts" she said. "I would actually feel so proud if students from after we graduate talk about playing it and stuff" she said, grinning as she thought about it, it would be so, way cool.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Aug 2010, 14:25

Harmony nodded, agreeing with Theresa wholeheartedly. "This'll be amazing. I just have to wait for the other Professor's to agree or disagree before the Headmistress sends me the owl back. We'll have to wait until then."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 May 2024, 23:32